1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 9 I Hyundai N Catalunya Round I Sep 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

0385AA00-08B1-4275-8CCA-379A2E8F016F.jpg
    Who’s leaving this round the points leader?

2. Quicktoy

No one wants to talk WSBK? :(

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Makes sense, if you guys only watch for Gerloff. :Poke:

4. Quicktoy

:(

5. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I will try to talk some WSBK with you. It's an exciting 2 horse race but my issue is most of the time the rest of the pack is nowhere and there isn't much of any battling going on. Based on recent form JR doesn't have anything for Toprack, my guess is he comes away with the points lead. I also think the Yamaha is the better "package" as the announcers like to say over and over again. Makes my wife crackup every time she hears them talking about such and such's package. JR seems to really have to over ride the bike to stay close to Toprack and there is pretty much no way he is out braking him. Lowes while not that great isn't that bad either, granted he still has issues staying on two wheels but when he does his results suggest to me the Kawi isn't on par with the Yamahas this year. Duc seems a bit lost, IMHO Rinaldi was never going to be the guy. A few flashes of brilliance but just not consistent enough. Chaz kind of like Sykes has had more than enough chances on the top shelf equipment and needed to be replaced. Redding and Alvaro who knows. At this point the talk of money being diverted to GP and a narrow setup window seem to hold a lot of water based on the results.

MachineR1 likes this.
  6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

WSBK is a great series. Hopefully this championship goes down to the last race and last lap!!

Newyork and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. bradd15

bradd15 Well-Known Member

Yep- Redding has said multiple times the bike only works in a narrow window and wasn't going to get any help this year from Gigi. It also explains why Alvaro (to some extent) wasn't competitive when they reached different tracks.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

It's Tuesday...

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Let’s gooo, I’m hyped. Toprak has the momentum but can he win the stay on the bike battle??

Optimistic for Gg. The true stans know why

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Toprak does the triple.

again

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Gerloff gets a early season like start and takes out Toprak & Rea in the same corner. Redding goes on to win the triple and championship while GG gets signed to run Factory Aprilia next year along side Stoner.

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This.

The torch has been passed (taken).

13. BHP41

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

what happened to toprak here last year?

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

me too

henry_carlson likes this.
  16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think he has yet to do it.. Based on WSBK record books.

Aside from that, let's all pray to the racing gods that GG is allowed to be himself again.

17. BHP41

Everyone knows he did the triple. Books be damned. When you watch that race backs 5-10 years from now. You’re going to see Toprak win. You’ll have to dig to find out that a bitch move was made to take away a win.

Gerloff is his on worst enemy right now. He can be aggressive but it needs to be measured. If he gets that down, he’ll be back at the front. The whole idea that Yamaha are restraining him or his bike is ridiculous.

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The idea that anyone in the paddock wouldn't have protested same as Kawasaki did is what's ridiculous. It ain't club racing and there are bills to pay.

Half of a good season doesn't make Toprak heir to the throne. Just ask Bautista.

Oh..... and that is the best Yamaha livery.

SuddenBraking, MyWayGuy and 418 like this.
  19. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

I have a V-Strom 1000, and that engine won a WSBK race with the Go Show in the rain at Phillip Island.

Same bike really, just mine has locking luggage.

SundaySocial likes this.
  20. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold