1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I Round 9 I Hyundai N Catalunya Round I Sep 17-19

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Sep 14, 2021.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Pretty sure that is a tool to align the clip ons accurately.

MachineR1 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jules Cluzel was a little upset with the doctor at the mobile clinic this weekend as she wouldn't clear him to race after his concussion at Magny-Cours a couple of weeks ago. She wouldn't bend on the two-week standard. He argued that they allowed a Moto 3 racer back on the track a day after he took a 30-minute nap. Lack of consistency seems to be everywhere with Dorna.

418 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would make more sense.

418 likes this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem like Beaubier's performance has had a noticeable dropoff since the change in crew chiefs?

5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Rossi gave him a lesson on that when they hung out at Assen.

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Gerloff's performance and motivation has definitely taken a hit ever since the Toprak incident, but I think he just needs a reset. I'm sure he will come back strong again next season.

418 likes this.
  7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Today was a nice step in the right direction. He was more aggressive on the starts

MyWayGuy and sbk1198 like this.
  8. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to do what his crew chief said? I hadn’t caught that.

10. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

It is on his Instagram page. His crew chief had a very supportive post.

Senna likes this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've also been laughing at the conspiracy theorists saying they detuned his bike after Toprakgate. But man, it really seemed like he got on the gas early going on to the front straight today and was getting gapped bad by the Honda/Ducati. I don't remember it looking like that much power discrepancy earlier in the season.

Regardless, GG was out there making some passes today. It was like a huge relief for me to see him pushing again. Sure he faded at the end, but at least he had some fight in him.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There wasn't a Yamaha that could keep up with those things this weekend on that long straight. Both bikes are fast as hell.

13. I agree with concussion protocol and it should never be bent. As for Moto 3 rider, ya that’s pretty dumb letting them out there.

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Topraks bike doesn't have any issues keeping up..

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like Gerloff and Toprak both were around 310 kph in Race 2 when pushing their own air, versus Bautista and Redding that were running into the 320's. I didn't really notice Toprak get gapped like GG, but I likely wasn't watching as closely.

https://resources.worldsbk.com/file...52.1179148094.1632151828-887593749.1627326981

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not top speed or acceleration that's keeping him at the front.

17. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

what a weekend! that shit was awesome. those retro yamis seemed like bad luck, the video of the one guy in the pits running away after topraks' bike failed was too funny :crackup:. got a kick out of them changing them back for Sunday.

18. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Pretty dang cool to have completed all these races but 1st and 2nd are separated by only one point. The 2021 season is the first time WSBK has been truly exciting in ages.

Newyork likes this.
  19. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Agreed…I absolutely love seeing someone consistently bringing it to JR. Toprack
    Is seriously impressive on the brakes…watching him going into some of those corners from JR’s bike cam was awesome to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I think that was Kenan.