1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Mr. Limbaugh

Discussion in 'General' started by kevincg, Feb 17, 2021.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'll take the bait.

What he did, single handedly, is to create an outlet for expressing conservative views. The media overall is controlled by a bunch of whiny leftists who are more hellbent on presenting a narrative than reporting news in a balanced manner.

There are lots of us that believe this country is headed a downward spiral, due to the tremendous creation of less educated people and those relying on handouts. At least with Rush (and those in the industry inspired by him), we had someone in media telling the world what we believe in.

mike574, Rising Sun, Razr and 18 others like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shit Rick...you...uh...still got time.

3. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Biding his time... sorry for the original typo...

4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!! I support your comment and appreciate you taking the vacation.

I'd quote it myself but I've had a few vacations lately and even though I'm able to read the beebs while on vacay......I'll stick around this time.

If you like Rush, check our Tomi.....she uses some sex appeal but what she preaches it similar.

Bugslayer likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Political ideology removed and I still say bullshit. He wasn't remotely the first to create an outlet for any views.

ScottieDucati, Major and malik ross like this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

cav115 likes this.
  8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Aww Gheesh. Spoken in true ignorance of the man. Rush pioneered the syndication of political talk radio. He gave everyone hell, including RINO's like the Bush's. Political entertainment radio didn't exist before Rush

mike574, DrA5 and dobr24 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit. It absolutely did, even on radio. As I said, it's been happening in all sorts of media in just this country since pre colonial times. Been happening worldwide since at least the dawn of recorded history. It's just someone ranting and those who agree cheering them on. Nothing wrong with it but good lord to try and label it as something new and different is just silly. :crackup:

10. Dragginass

So who was a national political radio entertainer prior to Rush?

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Anyone think that the FCC's repeal in 1987 of it's "Fairness Doctrine" have anything to do with his success?

ScottieDucati and Jed like this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Will Rogers. And he was actually good at it.

Jedb likes this.
  13. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

R1M370 likes this.
  14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I don’t consider reading off the names of people who have died from aids while joyous music plays to be entertaining at all.

lazlo, ScottieDucati, scottn and 7 others like this.
  15. saintlaurent

saintlaurent Well-Known Member

Same

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Rush

17. Dragginass

Apparently neither did he as he cut the segment and forever regretted it. But love him or hate him, he was a pioneer.....

mike574 and ToofPic like this.
  18. Trandyd

Trandyd Well-Known Member

RIP. Love or hate. I'm going to miss him.

jd41 likes this.
  19. twinn-burner

twinn-burner Well-Known Member

A quote from Rush....
    You do the math.

“Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.” -Rush Limbaugh

In Your Corner, noles19 and Scotty87 like this.
  20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

He did live a unexpected remarkable life.
    I don't wish cancer on anybody it's awful just damn horrible.

Wasn't really a big fan when I first started listening to him in the early 90s. Nor talking his politics put that aside for obvious reasons but IMO he was the beginning of modern toxic media, so I basically stopped listening many many years ago.
    Peace for his family he did what many aspire to do, and lived a privileged life albeit a lil shorter than many