The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up Fraley!!!! And we can't take this Kenny guy anywhere :dead:

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I got into the very basic level of Iracing a couple of years ago, basically to learn my way around Barber. I have Logitech G27 wheel and pedals.

Moved houses and got rid of my old desk and chair. So now, I'm dusting that shit off and thinking about getting back into it a bit. Maybe a chair and monitor? Do you think I can adapt the G27 to some kind of chair setup I've seen on here or should I start from scratch?

Sorry if I'm not up on the terminology- but I've heard Iracing has come a long way and there's more options now.....that don't include reading all 291 pages of this thread? Any advice is appreciated!

3. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I don’t have any hands on experience since I haven’t owned a wheel/pedal setup yet...however I’ve been doing a lot of research. If you want to go with the most basic options that are still made to work with wheels/pedals, the two options I’ve found are the traditional playseat challenge or the new f=gt lite that just came out. Buying new they are $250-$300 and you should have no issue connecting your existing equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Are you referring to a rig when you say "chair" ?
    Because many still use a very simple setup such a a desk & desk chair with a monitor.
    There a very fast people using a gaming laptop also.

5. Mphile77

My rig is 2x4's and plywood, it has never failed me and ive been using it for many year's . My favorite part is my 1980's baby blue recliner on a set of Subaru slider rails for moving in and out to find my perfect spot. Your rig only has to be what work for ya, happy building :D

Gino230, code3ryder and G Dawg like this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Can't find the post where you talked about unplugging to move a rig.
    If you look at the front of this, you will see 2 horizontal bars. That's where I mounted my computer on a piece of wood.
    Put some carpet sliders on it and easy peasy. Just unplug your power strip and move it where you want. DSC00225.JPG

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

How do you like the curved screens ?

9. Mphile77

I would post my pics but it says my files to big :whoosh:

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Image resizer

Mphile77 likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How do you image resize on an iPhone?

12. 600 dbl are

Love em.

Mphile77 likes this.
  13. Mphile77

What is the preferred size. I just downloaded the app on my phone to do it

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Medium should do it

15. stevedave

Geez...you guys have some really nice setups and I've spent way too many hours thinking about this in the last few weeks.

My current dilemma is that I'd prefer to just go straight to Direct Drive, but to do that I need a rig which I'm not ready for just yet. So then I decide I'll get the CSW 2.5 and the f-gt lite just to look at the price of the CSW 2.5 vs Accuforce v2 and I'm back to getting a DD with a rig. Around and around and around... o_O

16. 600 dbl are

If it were me I would wait for the rig you need. You'll save money and headaches that way. As a rookie, a 2.5 or V2 will not make a bit of difference however, a year or so down the road you're going to want the DD. If I were in your shoes and needed to have a movable rig, I would buy an 80/20 rig with some locking wheels on it. 4 Play Racing on eBay has some nice, inexpensive options to get you started (it's what I have), and with 80/20 the add on items are about limitless.

I kick myself in the ass all the time for not just ponying up the money the first time. It has cost me more in the long run. If you are on Discord, send me a friend request (Erik Luke#4520). I'll me more than happy to chat with you about options, plus I will get you invites to the rooms where the rest of us merry band of retards hang out.

Also when you're ready, I know an asshole who got pretty good at making button boxes and can hook you up.

[​IMG]

17. stevedave

Thanks for feedback. I sent you a friend request on Discord. I had to sign up for an account, so obviously new to Discord although I use Slack at work and they look really similar.

I have a spot I can put a non-movable rig, I just need to work out a display solution then (either buy VR or get a monitor). Guess that in the long run would be cheaper.

I don't know much about the 80/20 stuff. While it seems like it would be really rigid/strong, seems like you have to spend more on adaptors for everything to be able to attach it. I'll google and read up more.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I agree with what Erik said.
    If you liked reading all the back and forth and ball busting here, then his discord channel is the place to be.
    As far as button boxes are concerned, they are great if you're using screens. Not so much for VR.
    That's why my wheels have so many buttons.

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

F.Y.I. Discord is not for the thin skin or weak at heart!!!!:crackup:

code3ryder likes this.
  20. stevedave

Ha ha. I'm getting into this to have fun and it's pretty hard to offend me (although I'm sure you all will try).