1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Amazing Statistic On Illegal Aliens

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Aug 22, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cite

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How do you cite a logical presumption? I can explain it, but I can’t cite it.

If you’re undocumented, you’re already a criminal, so you’re essentially “on the run”, and crime begets crime. Because you’re here illegally, you cannot get a drivers license, insurance, etc, so driving means you’re breaking several more laws. Again, because you’re undocumented, you can’t earn as much money, and poor people are generally more prone to commit crimes than people earning a comfortable income. Because there are so few legitimate opportunities, it’s more likely that an illegal will participate in drug related or gang related activity.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  4. auminer

Your words... So why in the hell should we let them stay???

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

There is a legal path to immigration.
    https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate.html
    In FY 2018, over 757,000 people were naturalized.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They’re not “my words”. It’s exactly the same reason recidivism is so high among felons. Once you’re a criminal, it’s much more difficult to lead a productive life, so many turn back to crime.

If there were a simple, inexpensive process for lower class immigration, there would be fewer turning to crime. There would also be less drain on the immigration and justice enforcement systems. It’s the same argument as ending the WOD. Stop wasting time on petty bullshit that clogs up the system and focus on the real problems.

8. auminer

I quoted you... if they weren't your words, please cite the source.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where the hell do I find a source for something everyone in the world seems to know except you? If you don’t have a legit way to earn a good income, you turn to crime.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Could be one reason, another is there are a greater number of sociopaths.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Sure there are. But there aren't any more mixed in with the immigrants coming up from Mexico and Central America than there are anywhere else.

Seriously, how hard would it be to have a system that logs them as they enter, gets their dna/prints/etc, gives them documentation, and as long as they can find legal work, pay taxes, and not get into trouble for a certain amount of time, we greenlight them for citizenship? It would unburden ICE and CIB from spending 90% of their time chasing otherwise law abiding citizens and let them focus on real criminals.

12. auminer

Again... no.

You get off your dead ass & earn a legit income on this side of the law you lazy SOB. This is the land of fuckin opportunity. I know people making 6 figures picking up fuckin dog shit.

Sure it's easier short term to whine and cry and steal, but seriously... everyone over 25 in the USA is EXACTLY where their choices put them.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Couldn't find the data for 2018, but, in 2017, over 118,000 from Mexico were naturalized. I'm sure they weren't all trust fund babies.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Will you please stop trying to confuse human nature with optimal behavior? EVERYONE looks for the easiest way to make the most money, and weighs risk vs reward in that process. Your opinion of what is right doesn't matter, and neither does mine. What matters is what people are actually doing. THAT is what we base decisions on.

The reality is that the less you have to lose, the more appealing criminal activity becomes to you. Bringing this back around to illegals, if you give them a legit way to earn legit income via something like I proposed in response to TXFZ1, then you give them more to lose, making them less likely to turn to crime.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Spouses and family members, possibly anchor babies but I honestly don't know how that works. It's not in this thread, but just the other day it was posted that there are zero ways for a Mexican national to immigrate without a spouse that's already a citizen. And I believe that's a recent development, like since 2018.

16. auminer

I ain't ""GIVING"" them jack shit... an easier, legal, and more lucrative way to make a living is everywhere in this country. It doesn't really even take that much pluck to find it.

I don't really give two shits where you're from... pull your own weight, don't demand a handout from me, and you're alright in my book.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you drinking? "Giving" these people a way to legally work in our country and earn a simple way to eventually become citizens isn't going to cost you a thing. In fact, it'll save us hundreds of billions of dollars in unnecessary enforcement, burden on the criminal justice system, depressed wages, etc, etc, etc.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

There IS a real legal path to immigration.

They wuz right, you is dense.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Why would you want to move poor people in to the country? Based on everything I have seen we already have lots of poor people here...

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm dense? Why don't you call an immigration lawyer and see what they say when you tell them you want to help your Mexican gardener immigrate legally? My money says the guy pisses himself laughing. Do some research and look into what it really takes to get into this country legally, and explain to me how a regular person who's just looking to get a labor type job and make $40k/yr in a factory or something can do it.