1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I've always wondered, does Barber allow dogs during the MA weekend? I know that during normal track days, they have a no dog policy even though Ive seen dogs at track days before.

2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Officially, they don’t allow dogs - ever (service animals excluded from that, of course).

With that said - if you’re a good owner.... always on leash, take them out descetely, and pick up after them.... I doubt you will be bothered.

It’s like, if you respect that you’re breaking the rule, and act accordingly.... it will be ok. Act like an ass, not so much.

It helps if you have a camper to keep them in.... and then just have them out on occasion. If you’re just in a pickup, it’s a lot harder to do that.

We have brought our dogs for the last 8 years, and tried to be model dog owners. With that said, at an STT event if I see a dog off leash, I’m chasing that person down and enlightening them to the rules of the park. You won’t see my dogs off leash there, and hardly out of my camper..... but we bring them.

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

That should be an awesome race but I do worry about so many club racers trying to be turn 1 hero’s (NJMP? :Poke:).... Race direction should remind everyone to finish the race. Bummer NJ didn’t pull that type of entry list....

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Is there a list posted? Or is that a guess??

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Don't worry about it. Keep doing your hot yoga and eating celery....

No list yet, but the number is from a reliable source.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

:rolleyes:

It was a rain race. And, by nature, this class was designed to be made up entirely of club racers.

If you have an issue with any of the racers at NJMP, replace your vague accusations, stick poking, and ellipsis with facts.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Bring your well behaved dogs on a leash and I think you will have no problems. I'm hoping Crash Dog can come out on Thursday, but I have to worry about him in the heat. If any of you guys want a tour of the Rickdiculous hauler, I'll be happy to do it. Just stop by and ask for me...if I'm not super busy, I can accommodate.

Cam Morehead and t11ravis like this.
  8. Monsterdood

Lol, the stick poking emoji is poking fun at the fact that 2 riders in the championship battle went down independently in the first turn of the first lap. I talked with Chris and Jason right before the race and was super bummed it happened for both of them. I just hope the other 28+ clubbracers let them decide the championship on the track and don’t decide it for them and for us! Specific enough? :Poke: :beer:

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I’d love to check that out.
    Always wondered if Kelly’s socks had their own wardrobe.

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Do the “real Pro” racers that crash in the rain get reduced to club racer status? Do they then qualify for Race Direction intervention, too?

It fucking bizarre when, on a race forum, some choose to ridicule new racing in America. Especially about a new class that started the season with 5 bikes and will end the season with close to 40.
    Also, 99% of the negative comments made on this forum about this class have been proven wrong.
    Save your breath, and your so called wisdom.

Those that would care are laughing at you, if they even read your bullshit.

11. Monsterdood

Sorry you’re not getting me here and not trying to be rude. If you think an awesomely large field of Twins racers on the MA stage won’t have some issues with red mist, then we disagree. I hope for nothing more than an awesome show and awesome racing with no crashing and opportunities for us twins racers to be on the national stage. In fact I chuckle how we seem to take over most every MA thread on the bbs. Ha.

12. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

You guys have got to relax on this Twins Cup. Jeff Tigert is probably the only one that could be considered a "pro" in this bunch but the dude still drinks beer and hangs with the locals. Still a club racer at heart just like the rest of us.

Just like the kids running Junior Cup. They're still kids, not grown "pro" racers... They all act like kids at every race, more like high school punks but you hear me.

I'm glad it's a bunch of club racers doing these races. We all get a chance to race in front of an audience and on tv, so who the fuck wouldn't want to do that?! Haha and with that being said, good luck to all of us washed up, old ass club racers!! Give em hell boys!

Now back to regular MA questions...

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of the so called "pro racers" would have kept going in your scenario at Jersey and hand shifted the fucking bike for almost the whole race. You are an animal dude. LOL

track wagon likes this.
  14. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Haha, that I connot answer but years of endurance racing on the club level taught me that. Never fucken give up!

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I pitted within the first 15 minutes of the first endurance race I did with Chris with what I thought was fuel pump problems. The look he gave me was damn near murderous, all he asked was if I was bleeding. "No, then get the F back out there!"
    I learned a lot that day. :crackup:

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Ducote, Him and I did an endurance race at Barber back in 2014 or 15 I think on Dustin's crate fucking SV. They had me running back and forth to my van 10 times to get parts to try and keep that pile of shit going. We had the carbs off changing needle and seats, petcock on the tank and forgot what else and we still got the thing back out there.

fixerflyer, cajun636 and t11ravis like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a feeling between the Southeast and CMRA guys it'd be big, should be fun times :D

t11ravis likes this.
  18. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Can't imagine the particular look he gave when someone didnt fill the tank enough :oops:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any large grids will have issues. The riders running twins might be club racers but most are also very experience club racers who have been in as big or bigger races with more on the line (money, Suzuki Cup and so on). Pretty sure that's why our race is between the kids race and the rest of the schedule - they can move us if need be and still meet the satellite window :D

Monsterdood likes this.
  20. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

At Miller he was bitching and pointing at the rear for the whole stint, turns out we had a slow leak. When he came in and the front rim damn near hit the ground. 7psi...

Later that race I broke our shifter and I made it back to the pit stuck in 5th. We flipped it to standard shift for the next hour and a half.

Fun times

t11ravis likes this.