1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CBR teaser

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Unless you're military, then it's always Year/Month/Day :D

cha0s#242 and dtalbott like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

It's funny how those lines on that pic/link that has been posted multiple times don't line up to anything. It is simply an attempt to literally draw their own conclusion out of nothing.

BigBird, bleacht, BHP41 and 1 other person like this.
  4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

That's Jenson Beeler for ya.

bleacht likes this.
  5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Honda needs to borrow some guys from the Yamaha marketing department. Yamaha and Honda both have essentially the same ad, but the Yamaha's execution of the ad is 10 times better than Honda's.

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

The reality is that the bike could have an engine and frame which is visually identical to the old bike and be completely new. The one thing the teaser offers is a different perspective. Judging by the speed of the downshifts into T14 at Thunderhill I would say that with a high degree of certainty I would say auto-blip will be on the bike. Which if you extrapolate means it should have a competitive electronics package. Get power on par with the Yamaha and you are in the ballpark.

mzarra likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

kinda sums up their market positions well, I'd say....

8. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

I think Honda is about 5 years late to the party...

XFBO likes this.
  9. Wasnt Nickey promised a new bike for 2017 in his 2 year deal with Honda?

XFBO and BigBird like this.
  10. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Did they promise a good bike?

turbulence likes this.
  11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Unless Marty McFly or Doc Brown posted this up....it isn't from Oct 4th 2016. :crackup:

panthercity likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

:whoosh:

No one said it was. That's the date they are showing the complete bike ;)

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, and then when you get it if you'd had one to copy you could have your local machinist make one for $ 40.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I guess i should have actually looked at the link/article instead of being a smat ass...:(

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Always best to
    Make sure you're not a dumb ass before being a smart ass:beer:

XFBO and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Im pretty sure I understand the question and that is a good one. I couldn't tell you but Kawasaki had some OLD (Ninja250, ZG1000) models and you could definitely tell the difference in quality. The tolerances and fit and finish were just not there anymore.

That's why I also think I'd rather buy a older 03-05 R6 then but a new R6s models. Because,you just know that the tolerances on those is just most quite on par anymore.

17. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

One thing that makes me scratch my head is the importance Honda put on racing and how important it was to Soichiro. Granted he is no longer there but with it being such an important part of their legacy it seems odd they've let it go by the wayside.

18. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

Yes, that was one of the incentives to sign with Honda WSBK - something more than a graphics package was in the pipeline for their 2017 litre bike.

XFBO likes this.
  19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Dear Honda -

Enclosed is your special tool designed specifically for the exhaust springs on the 2017 Honday V4. My reason for return is it is inferior in design to a tool of my own design from 1974 I made with a carriage bolt and a coat hanger.

dtalbott and panthercity like this.
  20. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez