1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Walking Dead in T minus sixty minutes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Oct 14, 2012.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I must be in the minority...I wasn't a big fan of this episode.

Does seem like this season could take some interesting turns though...

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:beer:

3. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

They had to brush over a lot to get to the new plot for this season. I mean they cant sneeze with out hoards of walkers, but make it from GA to Richmond VA with out any issues.

They are getting back to what I've gleaned is the graphic novel story line though, I expect to see a lot characters dropping dead.

This seems like the 6 months of training shown in a 2 min montage clip so we can get to the 30 min of fighting that will last 10 episodes clip.

4. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

OK - haven't found a decent answer anywhere..

What's with all the half-zombie bodies in the back of that truck they hit? I have to rewatch that scene, but I was wondering where the upper halves of the bodies outside the broken fence were when Rick, Glen and Michonne were yapping about what matters in a zombie apocalypse.

What the hell is with those half bodies??? It's gotta mean something!!!

5. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

It does. I'm guessing it is setting up a certain story arc that'll probably be part of the season ending cliff hanger. It's a nod to a story line in the comics and there were two other small nods to it in that episode.

-steve

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Would that be the biker gang arc?

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Easy with the hints. This ain't about the comics, it's about the TV show.

And on Talking Bad the director stated that the half bodies would be explained later this season.

Anyone know if the radio broadcast was just hallucinations or was that supposed to be explaining real events?

8. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

The radio broadcast was a hallucination of an inverted reality referencing the group as rebels.

9. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Except that Scott Gimple said during one of The Talking Dead episodes that they were working more of the books story lines into things and there have already been casting callouts for this character. Hence, the whole "tainted meat" and this past weeks episode in that neighborhood was a nod back to one of the early original issues.

-steve

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Anybody here play the talking dead live quiz?

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My wife and I both weren't fans of this last episode. We were both VERY surprised when little Noah took a chunk out of Ty though. It hasn't taken away my desire to watch the series at all, we're both still very hooked. I see less jumping the shark than ever, they're back to being nomads and just surviving. Carol offing the kid and Beth dying are still those moments that make this show more "real fantasy" than any other show out there.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Finally just watched the (and my) last episode.

There's an hour I'll never get back. :down:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A bit slow but not totally sucking.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Steeltoe and myself were talking over a Whiskey drink about how it's extremely racist that they keep killing off these colored folk!

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

BUT, every time they lose one they gain one. My wife jokingly said the other night, now that they've got the preacher which black guy is gonna get killed. LOL

This episode was good at the end. I thought it was a dream until they walked out the next morning. ZOMBIE 'NADO! Looks like the preview showing the next big plot. :)

16. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

When's the black guy from the first season - who went mental and is now tracking them - going to come back?

17. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Good question, that guy is up to no good. Love the zombienado, Clay....Dude at the end is bad news. Next episode looks high energy. Daryl is breaking down, next to go?

18. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

They won't kill off Daryl, thats what all the wives watch it for.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Chris Hardwick on Talking Dead speaking about all of the women who watch...

"50 Shades of Gray and Daryl crying in the same weekend? I'M READY TO MATE!"

20. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

Well, wander where this is going, with this Aaron guy?