1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Walking Dead in T minus sixty minutes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Were the ancient soldiers fighting zombies too :D

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, they were fighting people that actually fought back. What's funny is looking at the progression of the spear. They just kept getting longer and longer so you could stab the other guy before he could stab you.

And the spear is perfect. All you've got to do is jab it into the zombie head and pull it right back out. That's what they're doing with the knives. It'd be the same except you're further away so less likely to get bit.

3. Crybaby™

Rewatching the first scene. Wonder if Rick will realize he may have saved Beth and "Chris" if he hadn't killed the 3rd cop

4. Crybaby™

Many times they have to push with the other hand to pull the knives out. I'm just picturing stabbing a zombie and it going limp and pulling the spear to the ground. Then you have to step on the zombie to extract and reraise the spear to attack again

The katana seems like a very efficient weapon

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

i had my collarbone plated at that hospital in '08.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I can't believe the guys in the Star Wars thread get called nerds but these clowns are discussing, seriously, how to kill zombies with spears and swords.

Everyone knows you use an AR15.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

An AR15 with a bayonet is just a fancy spear :clap:

Although you'd be king of the zombie apocalypse if you had a lightsaber!

8. caferace

caferace No.

There is this nifty little thing called residuals. She's not going to be broke, ever. AMC ran a marathon today of past episodes. I suspect she probably got at least $30k a piece for that. Wait until it goes into syndication.

-jim

9. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

When do we get to see the cop's wife (name?) get boned again in the woods by one of the cop's buddies?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A spear? What are you, a freakin' roman legionnaire?

A spear was good against the living because you could (and tried) wound them. Legs, arm, torso, etc. The head is a small target and the amount of training needed to stab a 10 foot pointy pole into something as small as a head and do it repeatably is pretty tough.

AR15? I'd rather a mini 14, mini 30 or even an AK. Something you can club a bitch with and not have it break.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Just wanted to come in here to say that mid-season finale sucked balls. I hated this whole hospital side-story........nothing seemed very coherent and LOTS of character behavior/decisions just didn't seem to make sense. I know I shouldn't be expecting much, but at this degree it takes away from any possible entertainment.

I was hoping that stupid pastor/priest/whatevs would get torn to shreds.......by far the worst addition to this season.

12. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Yeah she just got fired from one of the most popular shows on TV. I can only imagine how the meeting before shooting the episode was.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Eff this damn show. Bring on Thrones.

[​IMG]

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I think it sort of has hit syndication. I saw first season eps one day on TBS, or some channel like that. Not AMC.

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yup, saw that last week or so also. Looks like it's starting to roll out.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Two weeks. :clap:

17. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where this show is going at this point, I feel like there IS a destination or an opportunity for a climax but it always fizzles out. The characters they introduce don't have 1/2 the value of the one's killed off. The last few seasons had a few episodes that equaled the content of Styrofoam filler.

18. NemesisR6

I think I may be officially over this show.

As posted above, much more excited for some new Thrones and for House of Cards to be back.....

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The first "Better Call Saul" is on right after the new Dead.

I hope it's good

20. NemesisR6

Oh yea! Early word is that it is great....