1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Lorenzo Done?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Jun 16, 2014.

1. dylanes21

dylanes21 Well-Known Member

After watching Lorenzo's last race, I am wondering if he is mentally done?
    He has all the talent to race at the front, just cannot seem to do it?
    Marquez, has him mentally beat?
    Plus with Valentino gaining speed, the bike developement will probably start switching to the other side of the garage, if it hasnt already.
    I think this is a contract year for Lorenzo?
    Might end up at Ducati or Suzuki?

What are you guys thinking?

Erick

2. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

He caught whatever illness Spies got...

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

No. Not done. Still one of the best in the world.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought he was having trouble with the new tire Bridgestone brought for 2014. In my mind, with the shakeups that are coming in the next couple of years: spec ecu, new tire supplier, etc, there is no way to write anyone off. There are too many variables.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I think it is obvious that Lorenzo is not getting along with either the bike or the tires. Much like Rossi for everyone who said he was mentally finished after riding the Ducati, you don't forget how to go fast in a single season.

Lorenzo was a man on fire at the end of last season, something that should have carried over into this season but for some reason did not. Bike? Tires? Something is not right and I highly doubt it has anything to do with his state of mind. It was a tough start to the year for him but a part of that was his physical fitness from off season surgery.

I've read that the 2014 bike was developed more with Rossi's input. If that really is the case than that was a huge mistake on Yamaha's part.

7. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

He's not done....but....I think he needs to overhaul his racecraft. One thing he said in post race comments and has made before is that when he's not out front he can't ride the bike the way he likes in order to turn fast lap times. He's certainly dangerous when out front and alone, but you can't expect to always be in that position

Jorge Lorenzo
    4th / +4.540 / 25 laps

"I'm a little bit disappointed, we knew that the others were very strong and also Vale had a very good pace. The pace was not so bad because the track was not very hot but unfortunately I couldn't open the gap I wanted in the first lap. When Vale passed me it was the same and I couldn't ride like when I am alone. The bike was working well in braking but in the last two corners where we were very strong last year, we weren't this year. In acceleration I started losing grip and when I followed Dani it was impossible to stay with him, I just had to recover in some corners. It was a pity, if we had less problems in acceleration it was a great opportunity to win. We were strong on braking but unfortunately lost it in the last corners so I couldn't do more."

8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Is this a serious question?

Lorenzo - not done.
    Pedrosa - not done.
    Rossi - not done.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Only on the WERA board would an armchair quarterback refer to one of the three fastest riders in the world as "done"

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, wrong. Ever read any other board? Crash.net's? MCN's?

Well, on those boards they say that <insert brit riders here> should have EVERY ride because <those brit riders> are the next Sheene. :D

11. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Mistake? It's a business with sponsors, who do you think get's more TV camera coverage in MotoGP? Val is the goat, doesn't matter what he rides the camera will follow him in MotoGP.....besides, don't forget the Yamaha wasn't competitive until Rossi/Burgess jumped on it back in 2005 and if not for that development Lorenzo wouldn't be riding the bike he is riding today...

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's hilarious is the whirlwind of bullshit between the bbs and these sites that gets going sometimes. Somebody on here will pull something out of their ass or misinterpret something from another site, and before long it winds up on superbikeplanet, then other sites pick it up, and eventually it's back here as truth, supported by the various articles that ran with whatever dumb shit they saw on the internet. :clap:

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So since it's a business, Yamaha should ditch the development around the rider that was fighting with Marquez the most and develop it around the rider that took fourth place? Yeah, that makes perfect business sense. Yamaha is there to win.

14. Yamaha is there to support their sales efforts. Race on Sunday, sell on Monday. Who do you think sells more Yamahas - Lorenzo, or Rossi? :)

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I said it in the begining of the year. He is one of the fastest riders on the planet, but he is getting regularly beat by the guys that he has beaten for the last 4-5 years. But when Vale has head to head beaten the crap out of him, it has broken him. MM started it and now Vale is.

JLo is one of the best riders in the world, but he has the alien skillset that the other 3 riders have. He is a world champion that has the ability to adapt. The only thing different in the top 4 is his mental state. And it is getting worse by the week. Hell he is barely beating Bradl and everyone is calling for his head. I bet he inks a deal soon with Yamaha as he should, because deep down he knows..... Oh he knows...

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Is Lorenzo Done

Seriously? How quickly we forget the show he and Marquez put on at Catalunya just one round ago. Lorenzo is still one badass rider. Marquez is just badder assatious. Not to jack the thread but I see a pattern emerging with Marquez.

• Head to head against Rossi at Qatar, handed Rossi his ass.
    • Head to head against Pedrosa at Austin, handed Pedrosa his ass.
    • Head to head against Lorenzo at Argentina, handed Lorenzo his ass.
    • Head to head against Rossi at Jerez, handed everyone their ass.
    • Head to head against Rossi at Le Mans, handed Rossi his ass.
    • Head to head against Lorenzo at Mugello, (barely) handed Lorenezo his ass.
    • Head to head against Rossi at Catalunya, handed Rossi his ass.

"Bring forth these aliens, that I might smite them" - Marquez.

17. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

FTFY

18. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Did you not see the Mugello race a couple of weeks ago? Didn't look done then at all.

19. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

To me, Lorenzo and Pedrosa are similar in their race wining techniques, they both like checking out and riding alone up front for the win whereas Rossi and Marquez enjoy the chase and battle....it seems that Lorenzo and Pedrosa don't do so well when the battle is on to the end....

20. :crackhead: