1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bostrom on a Honda at Laguna?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

They wouldn't put Benny on it because they don't want him to embarrass half the pack when they get passed by some crazy wildcard kid :D

2. six6two

six6two AWD

A Superbike win at Laguna "isn't crap"? What have YOU accomplished in the new crop of neutered Superbikes?

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't think Davie's riding abilities have any bearing on Ben's whatsoever.

His criticism isn't baseless. That said, I like Ben, and Davie admitted that Ben knows his way around Laguna well.

This "that's the only reason he'll do well" nonsense is silly though - who cares why he gets a result, so long as he gets one?

If other people were "more deserving" of Ben's one-off ride, then that's a fun little debate to have, but LCR Honda's opinion is the only one that really matters.

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

One can only assume LCR's astrologists confirmed that the stars will indeed be aligned this weekend

5. With JZ gone I think BBoz is the most marketable guy for a one off ride. California guy who people know and will come to see.

6. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I go faster every time I put a wheel on the track without the 30k traction control.

But lets apply your same logic....who in the hell are you to question me? Can you beat me? Could I not own your ass on any track in the nation? Of course I can...;)

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Just saw a pic of the bodywork with B Boz's name on it. Guess he got it worked out. :up:

8. six6two

six6two AWD

Good for you. I'm the guy questioning your logic behind the theory that a superbike win "isn't crap''. And no, you can't.

9. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

I never said a superbike win "isnt crap". What I was referring to is that BBoz could never beat Spies when the bikes were full on Superbikes...let alone come in for a one off ride at Laguna on a full on Motogp bike.

Again...I want to be wrong, I want BBoz to win the flipping race and I want the guy do the best at whatever he does.

10. six6two

six6two AWD

This is what you actually said...

And he has actually done a fair amount of crap on the current crop on neutered Superbikes, including winning a race. That is a pretty big accomplishment, even for someone with 4 consecutive WSBK wins.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

If other people were "more deserving" of Ben's one-off ride, then that's a fun little debate to have, but LCR Honda's opinion is the only one that really matters.[/QUOTE]

Id guess it was USA and JAPAN Honda that arranged this with LCR

12. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

not to change topics but it'd be nice to see Bubba Shobert do a parade lap on the Honda before Elias flings it into the woods. jus sayin.

13. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Great interview by BBoz yesterday.

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

:stupid:

15. :stupid:

Two great interviews actually.... the one in the press conference, and the one by himself. Im having a hard time remembering any rider being that candid. He admitted that he was intimidated! Said he was a huge fan of moto gp. Couldnt contain his excitement at being given a chance to ride one. He also said he would give it his best shot and try and take it to them and climb the ladder the best he can.

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

As the times show, even last place is fast fast fsat