1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Supercross

Discussion in 'General' started by Senna, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Nice little cameo by the YART guys.

Yama-saurus likes this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

For one dollar per race, per month, you can watch it live! Just sayin' Ski

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hell no
    It's the most popular m/c racing in NA I'm not paying.

And maybe I'm f uped but I lived at racetracks for most of my career and at one point I had to work SX races too. Those are so much fun, in to the track at 8 am and back to the hotel around midnight.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we here having dinner then the SX show... good to see the chaos of Bikeweek once again.

Senna likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This track is dope. Kenny is cruising.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Roczen is a machine… going to be a good battle with him and Jett

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Kenny did literally cruise.... to 30+ seconds off the leader....

Knarly track tonight as per usual in Daytona... Happy Tomac's smoking bike didn't hold him back too much.

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Boneheads by the hundreds or thousands stormed the track long before the race was over. I'd guess 1/2 to 1/3 of the field was racing to the finish line, but could barely navigate the track. Bikes and idiots were everywhere, at the same time.

I'm guessing the takeover of the race by Feld may have been to blame. No where near the usual security on the track apron, by the temporary fences.

I honestly could not believe it was happening! J.A. and A.C. kept their bikes bouncing off the 'red' limiter, trying to get around the track after finishing. Of course Anderson was in front.

TurboBlew, Senna and brex like this.
  9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

It was great to see the Brandon Paasch interview, video clips of the 200, and him flying the flag for MotoAmerica and Vision Wheel M4 ECSTAR Suzuki!!!

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah Kenny looked fatigued too early in the main.

That was a statement ride by Jett, and as a Tomac fan it hurt to see. I'm still hopeful Tomac can win a race or two this year. Its tough to take the chances a super young rookie does when you're at the twilight of your career.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I'm not really buying the clutch problem. I think his rear shock failed again...

12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I thought the same, but I don't think he would have been able to go as fast as he did once he cleared Sexton if his shock was blown.

Once Sexton closed the door on Tomac when Jett passed, it was done. Sexton seems hesitant to want to battle Jett, for whatever reason n

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looked like the changing of the guard to me. Tomac has owned Daytona

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yah this year they charged $30 extra to stand on the track... Our normal mezz standing area was 4-6 deep so we shuffled to the fence so the shorter folks in our group could see

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Everytime that suspension compressed, it was smoking. Wondering if it was rear brake fluid, shock fluid, or the tire rubbing on something. I kept waiting for him to fall back, and limp it to the finish, like he did in Detroit, thinking it was shock fluid. Ski

16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

So Jett can ride in the mud after all.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Depends on where the crankcase vent is routed on those.

I was really watching as closely as I could and it’s hard to tell shock stuff with like 40 extra lbs of mud on the wheel.

I’m not buying the clutch at all. If it got that hot that early in the race there’s no fucking way it would have lasted the entire race in the mud.

18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I was there, and had a good view of the track. Guy next to me pointed it out early, because he knew I was an Eli fan. It smoked under engine deceleration, but not when he had the throttle open. It never changed in intensity the entire race. Often a sign of a bad valve guide seal. I can't imagine it was suspension related. It didn't affect his riding, and I've heard his team never put it on his pit board.

Letitsnow and Senna like this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

So who coming up in Futures or 250s can really beat Jett over a season? Right now I think the only guy who can do it in 450s is maybe Sexton if the bike is perfect for him, and Tomac if he doesn't give a fuck and races like he's 18.

Supposedly Deegan is doing another year in 250s in '25, then 450s in '26. Is he the best shot?

20. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

yep, it was a leaky valve cover