Who doesn't have a ride who would be a sure top 10 WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 2, 2023.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

More of a personal pick but I'd like to Sylvain guintoli back on the wsbk grid. I guess he's locked up with Suzuki anyway.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah he has a sweet gig or where he is a life, racing a few times a year and repopulating the UK.

3. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I think Sylvain would be a sponsors dream, and he's still fast. Chaz would be a cool option.

First thought was to look at the Moto-E grid, thinking who would jump ship. Torres? Rabat? Fores? Krummenacher?

4. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

I think if Ben is still in decent shape he would hurt a lot of feelings.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Most guys there are not getting any higher, with all due respect. Did you see Casadei in Moto 2 last month. Oof...

6. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

Fernando Alonso

7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Speaking of Guintoli, is it true he will be testing for BMW? I thought I read he was done with Suzuki endurance.

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm not sure either. He certainly had the talent, but got shortchanged with an injury and an ill funded team in wsbk. Probably a lot of different factors that went into his career decision, but I think he went to uni for engineering or something like that.... Have not heard his name in years. He was our great white hope. Besides Szoke.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, in light of this follow-up post, your suggestion has earned you a seat at the Dake K table.

10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Not getting higher than....?
    Spanish Elvis could do top 10. Probably not top 5, but that wasn't the criteria.

Maybe Pol would do some racing next to his 'test rider' role? KTM doesn't believe in superbikes, so no mfg conflicts. /s

11. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Luca Bernardi?

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Last I heard Gagne wasn’t signed yet. Not sure if he’s even interested in going to Europe.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What's Pegram up to? :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who dat again?
    I haven't paid enough attention of to make a recommendation worth a damn.
    I assumed he was. I pushed his name for most of this year until I thought he was staying put. I think he'd be alone of the top of the list if they could pay him his worth.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  15. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

The no eyebrowed one?

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Durt chins are wagging like JD's team(or major sponsor at least) might be moving entirely to MotoAmerica, out of American Flat Track. Lots of possible movements coming up. Even KTM has shuttered it's championship winning singles team in flat track. Doomsayers are screaming it's the end of days for American Flat Track...again.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Gagne
    Mesa
    Sam Lowes
    Beaubier
    Joe Roberts

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He has a Ducati with Marc VDS backing. That would make no sense.

19. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

He who shall not be named.

20. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

You mean outside of being out of a job on Tytlers BMW?