1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Alabama | Barber Motorsports Park | Sep 23-25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 20, 2022.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Been dirt racing cars all my life. Uncle is in dort racing hall of Fame. I know for a fact tire dope works.

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What's your experience road racing 2 wheels on pavement?

Sudowoodo and backbone like this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

In dirt.

In your initial post and response where you mentioned it, you presented as though it was prevalent and even present in road racing, and, specifically, Motoamerica road racing at the SBK level. It isn't.

Do you dispute that or do you just need attention?

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dirt racing ain’t asphalt racing.

I live a stones throw from the biggest late model asphalt race in the world, and they ain’t doping on asphalt.

I feel I’ve seen/smelled just about every chemical you can imagine as in Karting it’s still legal to dope tires.

I guess I should have told you that I own/manage a kart dirt track. Lol.

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Visual aide for folks that may still be wondering. In orange color on these wheel.
    OZ calls it anti-slip treatment and is extra cost per wheel.

replica_bmw_front-rear.jpg

6. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup::bow:

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I heard riders over 27 years old were allowed to tire dope in JR cup. Makes up for their weight disadvantage.

9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I raced WKA Gold Cup in the 90's thru early 2000's for a major kart chassis manufacturer and one of the best speed shops in the business to include the old Maxxis Moore money dirt series for that speed shop. I also raced the Briggs & Stratton 300 at Charlotte multiple times with good finishes. Asphalt tires were generally rolled with prep inside with a hot box depending on the aggressiveness of the prep. It would be applied to the outside with warmers occasionally during qualifying, the usual stuff was Wintergreen & Cherry bomb branded prep with paint thining solvent to cut it. Dirt racing used prep inside and out dependant on the track. Less aggressive for Georgia clay..etc, more aggressive for up north. If you weren't running it and cared about actually being competitive, don't even show up. WKA took a massive hit they've never recovered from by banning open tire classes/ tire sizes/ and prep depending upon the series.

10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

speak the truth brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Did it for a while. Since 2010.
    Wtf ever that's suppose to mean. There actually was a thread on here many years ago where someone was talking about doing it.
    I know you do. Still don't mean it's not happening. The once local Nascar sanctioned asphalt track here, people were doping tires.

The thing is, it's nothing like stanboli or some people think it works. The good stuff, can be applied minutes before a dirt race. Yes soaking them thru the week wrapped in Saranwrap, works better, but this shit is a science now. It like everything else it to has evolved. We have used so little as wd40, on a dry slick track in extreme heat and it works wonders. People are using goat piss. Yes real goat pee. Turpentine with trans fluid, with a small amount of lacquer thinner. Mineral spirits mixed with e85 and trans fluid.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep, all that looks scientific, and did anyone see a goat in the Attack pits this year?
    [​IMG]

13. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I have a track day at Sonoma tomorrow. Might be a bit chilly first thing in the morning, and my tires are getting kinda old, so it could be a little slick.

They don't have goats at the track but they do have sheep, will sheep piss work OK???

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Goat piss? So Rossi throwing a wiz on your tires is the secret to dirty track kart racing? Who knew?

Sudowoodo, CR750 and Yama-saurus like this.
  15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Can we drop the tire dope thing? I want to hear real gossip with no facts whatsoever..

16. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

So your saying he can't afford a bigger bike?I think not, you STFU

17. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

THE GREAT MONGO HAS SPOKEN, now we must all shut up!

drop likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So, should I spray WD40 on my tires for Daytona, or what?

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I heard Rossi is racing for robem at Daytona

20. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Works great for doing burnouts downtown! Make sure you spray it on the rear rotor and brake pads, also.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.