1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

3. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He must not have been interested in WSBK because he would've gotten a ride without lifting a finger.

Quicktoy and Circacee like this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Think this has something to do with his family/wife

Quicktoy and The Beer Hunter like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, makes more sense.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

stk0308 likes this.
  9. noles19

Ama sanctioned vs"AMA pro" if that's what you mean

Dragginass likes this.
  10. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I don’t blame Cam at all. Something about the bike or team has never worked. I wish he would have gone the WSBK route from the beginning, but it didn’t work out. A good thing for MA! Guess American Racing would move Rory up? There aren't any other US riders ready to go to Moto2 I don’t think.

Quicktoy and Dragginass like this.
  11. noles19

Gagne?

Sudowoodo likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That F@ckin’ sucks. Hate to see him coming back to the US but it’s his choice.

what about Hector? Just really getting into him again.

13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Cam has stated multiple times he is a total home-body. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a pregnancy announcement by the end of the season. . .

Wheel Bearing, Senna and Circacee like this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Nah. I don’t think US racing prepares riders for GP paddock. WSBK, yes.

15. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Not surprised about Cam coming back. I bet he would have had better progress on in MotoGP or WSBK than the moto2 bike. Look forward to seeing that BMW win some races, sucks for PJ, hopefully he has a good ride coming he deserves it.

16. henry_carlson

DAMN PJ and Hector Dropped for Corey and KWyman

17. henry_carlson

Cam returns with his tail between his legs. Annnd he is coming back to BMW so i suppose that means Gagne is coming back

18. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I was really hoping he would get on with a different (better) moto 2 team. He definitely has the talent to be at the front regularly with the right team around him. It would have been interesting to see how he would do on a moto gp bike, but with seats so limited and the depth of the field & young talent, a moto gp ride seems impossible. If Cam does return to MA next year, I hope his heart is into it.

Dragginass likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Put Hayes on it and watch him clean up!

BigBird likes this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Thinking this is absolutely cams decision. As someone else pointed out, he’s always seemed like a homebody who didn’t openly embrace the lifestyle required to race on the world stage. I remember being utterly shocked when the announcement came that he was going to moto2. Someone could have taken a lot of my money on a bet there. Guessing if he wanted to stay in moto2 or go to wsbk, he could have no problem.