1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Speedfest I Laguna Seca - July/8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 6, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

• BSB in 2019 - 466,670 total and on average have 38.8K.
    • MotoAmerica in 2019 - 316,611 for an average of 31.6K.
      • Figure includes weekends that saw wsbk and Moto Gp race along side MotoAmerica.
      • BSB had no such rounds to my research..... When I remove the two rounds for MotoAmerica their average decreases to 16K.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/PDF/marketing/MotoAmerica Overview 2022.pdf
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/schedule/2019/?all_event_types=0
    https://www.motorsport.com/wsbk/schedule/2019/?all_event_types=0
    https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...018/september/2019-british-superbike-calendar

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or maybe it just shows that greedy people exist everywhere in the world. For anyone to take Rich Energy sponsorship knowing what they have done in the past doesn't show desperation, it shows greed on a pathological level that made them willing to ignore firmly-established reality. They probably could have taken less money from someone else and run their program accordingly. I mean, if the top team has to resort to that because there's nothing else, how is anyone else getting sponsorship?

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep and until WSBK lowers the specs for Superbike all the other Superbike series will not lower their Superbike specs. But for sure something needs to be done to lower cost while leveling the playing field for more riders. The original intent of having production based bikes is so far gone it’s laughable.

MyWayGuy likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Thanks for articulating this. I was struggling to put it into words.

Do I think the current top group are going to dominate in a Stock1000 type series? Probably. But maybe some other money takes a look at the sport if the barrier to entry is just that much lower.

Boman Forklift and MyWayGuy like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Is it possible since Rich Energy ousted their CEO, who was allegedly responsible for most of their F1 shenanigans, to have turned the corner and are now a legitimate business/sponsor/partner? I don’t necessarily think the sole act of accepting another one’s money is greed. Now if you knowingly accept it under false pretenses, that’s an entirely different matter.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As big as the kid has gotten I don't disagree with Stanboli at all.

Yama-saurus likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

I believe the guy you are referring to is still firmly at the helm.

He's the guy that broke the news on Twatter from his personal account, Elon Musk style.

noles19 and G 97 like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well in that case, what in the world was this most recent race team thinking. Lay with dogs.............

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

People believe what they want to believe when it comes to money

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I just believe making that shit is a lot harder to do, than my 23 year old self ever realized. I was selling software and traveling on the road 25-35 partial weeks per year making 6 figures and thinking this sales stuff is really easy compared to writing software programs. :crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Well, apparently I was wrong. Maybe.

Attached Files:

12. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

cant speak for him, but growing up in Southern Illinois, I do!

G 97 and Senna like this.
  13. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Was chatting with Chrissy and Dom the other night and they were like WTF concerning that press release.

14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I have it and I still live here.

I actually tell people I live in Indiana, being 2 miles from the Wabash.

G 97 likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Born and raised in Blandensville Illinois.
    Best thing my parents ever did was to move away from that shit hole and move to central Iowa when I was @10 YO.

The real sad part is that Illinois use to have a bunch of mid size cities and larger towns all clean and just nice. Chicago flight has ruined a majority of these cities and towns turning alot of them into drug and crime haven shit holes by Chicago thugs and baby mama's.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Man talk about a convoluted situation. Racing is difficult enough. Dang.

418 likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

And did the same to many of the Southern Ill(s) towns by building prisons in/near them and having those thugs etc ilk move near them…

G 97 likes this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And just another reminder from me who likes golf. ;) The Open at St. Andrews just had an estimated 290k spectators, and it was a wide mix of kids, wimmens, adults, and old folks.

henry_carlson likes this.
  19. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

This boggles my mind. Playing golf I understand. Watching golf?

Attached Files:

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

In person 290k but how many in NA watched on TV? And how many more around the world on TV?