Prayers for Shaun Harris

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don't even remember the thread, but it was like a repeat of Morris. I hated to be too much of an ass but thankfully he is still alive, and somewhat well. Whenever I see this thread I fear the worst.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I can't think of a single time it's been bumped in the last few years that I didn't think it was going to be bad news. I don't even know why. Maybe subconsciously, I expect a new thread if a miracle happens.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Shaun's fate was an unavoidable consequence of who he was. Nobody here could have changed anything. That Shaun is gone now, and won't be coming back.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The dude is alive and has a wife that has stayed with him through extremely trying times. He has his miracle.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    Montoya, SpeedyE, cav115 and 6 others like this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Shaun & Alan Kempster, two crazy fooks that wouldn't take no for an answer.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And a man can be selfish...

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes, she is. A very strong angel.
    Shaun is damn lucky to have her.

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Steeltoe, IrocRob, cpettit and 8 others like this.
  9. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Awesome, I am going to try to get there just to hear it run.

BigBird likes this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I raced at Daytona when John came over and kicked ass... I was new(well just got my pro card so three years racing) and had no idea how cool it was or how bad ass his story was, really cool.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

I was good friends with Goodfellows mechanic and was around that thing the whole week and never even took a picture...hindsight

27 likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I remember people fawning over it and photo shoots with John and umbrella girls and I think it was the Michelin crew too. I didn’t realize it was built by him or any of the story then. I think the Harley’s were pretty new too as lots of hoopla about the VR1000 too.

I’d just got my pro card, it was my first time at Daytona and on a 750, slicks, reverse shift, you name it all wet behind you he ears... and I ate shit in the dogleg broke ribs, still Qualified and raced the 200... damn to have my youth back...

long path/road likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Were you still racing them Mike?
    I know you have many miles on the high banks...

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Only thing I really remember were the antics trying to get it through sound check.Of course I cant even remember how I did in the 200 that year either...or even what year it was

27 likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You deserve a beating for that. :Poke::D

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

1st was '85,last attempt was 05

Boman Forklift, BigBird and 27 like this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

We rode a few 200s together then, cool.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

If any of you get a chance, introduce yourself to Bob Robbins the owner of this one. He is an absolute treasure of an enthusiast in our sport. I’ve spent a fair amount of time with him when he supported racers from the Northeast that we also put on our bikes. He’s just a great guy that makes you know why we love our sport and the people in it.

TurboBlew, BigBird and long path/road like this.
  20. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

My 1st race weekend I was doing it solo and didn't know jackshit except I had a license from Penquin and a sandwich from WaWa.
    Mr. Robbins took time to walk over from his pit and check in on me.
    No idea whom he was at the time but it was a nice gesture from a cool guy.

RRP and 27 like this.