1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best songs of the 90’s.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s punk as FUCK!

britx303 likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I know.:D

pickled egg likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s a bold statement for someone who listed a fucking JerkMe song. :Puke:

TurboBlew and britx303 like this.
  4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

there’s some great 90’s country songs. 2000’s country songs were the fucking worst. Modern country is actually really good I think because it’s infusing aspects of other genres more.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You do you. That is what makes the world an interesting place.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Alright... this is a hill I’ll die on... their stupid Bee Girl anthem is a spoof... listen to the lyrics, oddly it made them successful. There real music is timeless.

Those 3 Mississippians and Shannon Hoon made incredible music. Stripped down soul speaking music. Luckily I saw them a few times and right before Hoon’s demons did him in. Not sure what it is about West Lafyette, Indiana that makes front men but David Lee Roth, Axl Rose, and Shanon Hoon are all from there.

Seriously though, just guitars drama and vocals, if you are open to that sound give them a real listen. And never listen to “No Rain” again, unless it the original one that is too depressing for me.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cortez, got a classic for ya’. supersuckers - born with a tail.

if you’ve never heard it, find it. :)

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Modern country was getting good right up until some of it started overusing Autotune / Pro Tools like most of the pop crap out now. No excuse for that when you have Nashville top quality musicians available.

black knight and stk0308 like this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is that it? I thought it was our ability to mock each other mercilessly for having shitty taste in soft rock of the 80’s roller rink bands. :D

27 likes this.
  10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I mostly listen to more story rap stuff lately. I’m a big Vinnie Paz fan. and a lot of the stuff I listen to kind of pairs up along side that style of rap. Stuff like CzarFace, RA-The Rugged Man, Run The Jewels, and Apathy

However, for the last 10 or so years my alarm clock has been “Hit a MotherFucker” by 3-6 Mafia..

Somehow my girl still married me.

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Like tool, I feel like slayer 90’s stuff was great and should be on the list but can’t be ranked by a song alone

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

Anybody remember Mazzy Star?? :crackup:

13. britx303

80s Slayer is better imo, but still kicked ass into the 90s

cortezmachine likes this.
  14. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

You’re right about 90s country
    Thinking Problem by David Ball is awesome

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

well yah… but still. :D

I feel like they kept up with the times. plenty of thrash bands didn’t do well past the 80’s. If not most.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, the under ground of country music was great and keeps getting better. Not the 90s but drag the river, Lydia loveless, armchair Martian, Scorpios. . . Dig and you’ll find some pearls in the pigshit of modern country.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They made a very decent Jazz album that was forgotten in a used car I bought (not a good sign though, is it...).

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Im not ignoring you and the other flavors of chuckles in the pack. Just looking my baseball bat because he’s hungry and only the blood and souls of the unmusicworthy will satisfy. :D
    Brush your teeth, say your prayers and put on your jammies’cause bash bash sleep is coming!

britx303 likes this.
  19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

The whole Metallica Black Album. Memorized all the words.

A big group of us was bummed that we had concert tickets to see them at Richfield Coliseum but bummed we didn't have any alcohol.

Worked for a grocery store that expanded and swallowed a Drug store next door. They tore down the wall and made the whole section a liquor store. They would put us baggers in charge of locking up the liquor at 9p every night. Got the bright idea of locking it up and filling a grocery cart of some goods. Boxed it up and placed it next to dumpster and called my friend on a beeper for pick up.

That weekend we all crammed in a car headed to the concert and was having a great time. Problem is we drank to fast and everyone had to pee. All of us on the side of I-77 peeing down the hill. Cop goes by and doesn't even touch the brakes. Man, he would of found so much crap.

Was the start of a very good senior year. Memories...

20. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

If it's not sung outloud as "I've got a drinkin' problem" it's not real.....yes, I'm from Wisconsin

Hondo likes this.