1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best songs of the 90’s.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Apr 27, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

disconnected- face to face
    Dramarama- anything
    Candle box- far behind
    She talks to angels- the black crows

nuthin but a g thang- Dre n snoop
    cream- wu tang
    My summer vacation- Ice cube

malik ross and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Geezus... this thread will be like a derailed train with all the engines in the back still running full power on a nuclear sub powered peter full of toxic waste plummeting into a bay of protected species and plant life that will make Chernobyl seem like a 3 mile island scare.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s the best I had... rather than add my own mess to it all... the Black Crowes is an unexpected but very strong addition. :)

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Oh btw… disconnected… the version from big choice album

6. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Black Sevendust
    Meatplow STP
    Grind AIC
    Outshined Soundgarden
    Nice Shot Filter

Too many to list

7. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade
    Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

id say title of record by filter is a much better album than their first. Sonically it is flawless. Listen to it in a pair of REALLY good headphones. The production is amazing

Hondo likes this.
  9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

my very first concert was rage at the Olympic valdedrome in LA. fucking wild. first time in the mosh pit too. 11 or 12 years old and that album had just dropped. I remember getting slammed to the ground in the middle of the circle and not being able to get back up. Then this fucking massive gorilla of a man picks me up by my FACE, brings me right to his and screams “YEEEEAAHHHHH!” In this deep rumbling howl. And proceeds to carry me around the pit by my head while I’m screaming “WOOOOOOOO!!!” At the top of my lungs.

Ill never forget that moment. it’s what turned me from rap to rock

cBJr, Sprinky, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Saw the thread title and couldn't think of anything good from the 90's. Read the replies and see very few examples to change my mind. Once in a while it's good to be old.

2blueYam and pickled egg like this.
  11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Great decade

The Rooster
    Vaseline
    3 Days
    Song 2
    Paranoid Android
    Rusty Cage
    Criminal
    Sabotage
    Jerry was a Race Car Driver

I could write for days

12. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Well I started playing guitar and riding in the early 1970s if that tells you anything. What era is your favorite?

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Born in '87... Fortunately and unfortunately, my parents were basically children when they had me. One of the perks of this, is that I was exposed to a lot of pretty cool music growing up. I also had no restraints as far as any type of media I consumed.

My mom was actually really into thrash metal. My dad was, and still is kind of a hiphop head. When my mom had custody, it was MegaDeth, Slayer, and shit like that. When I was with my pops, it was NAS, Rakim and Eric B, and a lot of East Coast hip hop.

However, based on how my tastes developed from there. I gatta say these songs/artists/albums are the best shit from the 90's for me:

Artist/Band-The Refused.
    Album: The Shape of Punk to Come -Specifically the track "New Noise" this seriously does not sound like a 25'ish year old hardcore song.

Artist/Band-Big Punisher
    Album: Capital Punishment - The track "Twinz" really showcases how absolutely precise and brutal Pun was with lyrics and delivering them.

I mostly listen to hardcore punk, and hardcore rap. lol I am a fuckin weird dude.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Is it good to be old or is it a convenient excuse for cultural complacency?

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’d say the shape of punk to come is THE most influential hardcore albums of the 90’s. It literally defined the sound of the emo/post hardcore music of 2000’s popularity. Shit was way ahead of its time and knew it.

While I love rap music… I find myself actively listening to it less and less. Not because it’s bad music, but because it’s a vibe. When I listen to rap I’m put into a very street/hood mindset and I want to completely step away from the life I use to live.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Trainwreck likes this.
  16. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

All the above and.....
    PVD- For an angel. DJ Quicksilver- Bellissima. Energy 52-Cafe del Mar.
    9Pm (TilI I cum) -ATB Sandstorm-Darude
    Lords of Acid live was epic.
    What's up?-4 Non Blondes. Beastie Boys -Sabotage. Belly- Feed the tree. Blink 182- All the Small things. Body Count- Body counts in the house. Butthole Surfers-Pepper. Cake- The Distance. Concrete Blond- Caroline, Joey and Wendy. Foo fighters-Everlong. Garbage-Stupid girl. Hole- Doll parts. Any Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Most Social Distortion. Most Offspring. Most Primus. Prodigy- Firestarter. And about 1000 others. Saw a good deal of it live in FL at some point. Was a decade of classics and I grew up on 60s,70s and 80s music.

27 likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Hole- violet!!!

Offspring- anything from the ignition album. smash was iconic but ignition was them at their rawest

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  18. Hondo

Hondo Well-Known Member

Bring the Noise - Public Enemy and Anthrax

I like what eventually became Nu Metal but it’s not a popular opinion lol

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Id go the version on the live album (and really, that’s a must own) but the big choice version does destroy the previous album’s version.

Did I say version enough in that post? :D

cortezmachine likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'My name is Poison' - No idea who.

Thought the song was hilarious.

BTW Cake >>>>> Pie any day.