1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High school football clobbering

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Nov 3, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well they closed school tomorrow for the 5" of snow expected :rolleyes:

cav115 and Ducati89 like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid has been off all week from the Sunday/ Monday snow and again tomorrow in anticipation of snow. Back in my day and all that shit. :D

BigBird and R Acree like this.
  3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Ever see a select team that's been together since second grade play a first year rec team? Yeah, it ain't always he coach.

And Dave, bonus daughter has a clinic and play one weekend day soon. She knows there will be coaches there, but I just saw the list and we can't tell her or she'll puke. First three are Cornell, Brown, and some other Ivy followe by around 10 other D1 coaches.

As far as she knows they're local college club coaches helping out a local HS coach.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

While I'm sure that does happen, it's unlikely in a high school game. If I ever let my team down that badly, I'll be getting out of the way and offering my full support to my replacement.

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Schools will add and drop programs all the time. It's not unusual for a mid size HS to pick up or drop a sport every year or so. A local 6A (2500 to 3000 students I think) couldn't field a football team this year. They'll probably have a team in another year or two and get slaughtered. Some lower division schools here drop out of their regions and play in private school leagues just to be competitive enough to keep interest in the program. The local talent available to play has a ton to do with success.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My Kid's Rec team. :) They still play together maybe once a year at a local tournament or just for fun and the core of that team (12 or 14 girls) is just obscene. Like a M&D good. That core will all spread out and will be around D1 for years. :)

Give them my kid's HS coach. . .

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jed, has she been doing the recruiting twhirl-a-whirl? 2023s have it rough as all F. Schools are still working on 2022s and looking at 2024s. With all the crazy talent coming through the 2023s, things are moving at frozen pace. :(

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Not really, she's just pushing to get better - private conditioning coach, bumped up a team (2024 A in the B div), etc. She still needs a little evil in her eye on the field.

I'm not sure how She fell into this event. One of the private Milton are coaches had a link to it. She's a 2025 and hasn't played a HS game yet, officially.

I still can't believe how huge it is here. I'm guessing you guys have the lanyards hanging on backpacks thing up there? I saw a sophomore who is getting recruited with at least 50 hanging off her pack. Those damn Milton girls.

Atlanta Storm and Eaglestix are the big ones here.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2025s, get ready for the fun.
    Look at the UA 150 if she is crazy gifted athletic wise. Incredibly hard and check out the website for the parameters (and the acts of god it takes to get in) but the real deal.
    Maryland Showcase - awesome. Worth the money even if you just do the fall version but the summer one, the coaches actually go to this.
    American Select - great stuff but very tough. Worth the price.
    UA all american tryouts - I found this to be a money grab and more hype then anything (at least around here). Politics and who you know more then ability.

Lanyards! :crackup: Right up there with Goat stickers. :D

Is she doing club? If she wants to play in Kollege she might have to.

Oh, Stenson has a new pocket. My kid has gone to the Cruz pro and with the pocket, it's his venom with more hold. It's crazy but more work in keeping it up.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Looks like we got about 5" - enough to power up ye olde snowblower and forgo the shovels.

Yeah, the thoughts that "it's the coach" don't make a ton of sense to me. If a football team is getting beat 106-0, I don't care if Vince Lombardi was their coach - they're still going to get destroyed (maybe only 90-14, but a rout in any scenario).

BigBird likes this.
  11. No shit. And people pandering to softness only makes things worse.

Not sports related, but I saw a thing yesterday where an employer is requiring everyone to wear masks in Zoom (virtual, working from home) meetings, because “One of the employees has a fear of seeing unmasked people”.

What in the actual fuck.

So people are expecting to wear a mask, while alone in their home, to a virtual meeting, just because of the illogical and irrational “fears” of one safe-space needing snowflake.

IMO, the boss is handling that completely wrong.

Rather than making everyone else conform to the ridiculous of one individual, the boss should say “Expecting people to wear masks to a virtual meeting is ridiculous. It makes no sense at all, and I am not doing it. If the sight of maskless people bothers you that much, then don’t look at the screen, or don’t join the meeting”.

R Acree, BigBird, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even that's too soft. Show them the door. They aren't doing anything good for your business if that is the mental capacity they possess.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was your first mistake right there. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

Meh, I tried to have an intelligent discussion with people who had an opposing viewpoint. They didn't want to engage.

[​IMG]

15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The tyranny of the minority.

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He got a response. He just hasn't acknowledged it yet. However comparing adults beating children at sports versus children beating children as sports doesn't really need any deep thinking or introspection.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I played an adult league scrimmage against children and got our asses kicked. :D
    They can run, move without hurting themselves and if you knock them down they can get back up and not flop around on the ground for minutes. Bastards get right back up and get right back to play. :D

Jed and BigBird like this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maybe I should have actually fixed my snowblower...i shoveled everything this morning....my hip and back aren't liking that....that'll get the snowblower fixed now

19. SuddenBraking

The sun came out and did quite a number on my driveway and sidewalk so I said "eff it" - close enough to clean for my purposes. Going to be low 40s and raining on Sunday which will for sure clean it up.

BigBird likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

My wife had to leave to work at like 6am, so I had to clean up. For everyone else....Everything looks fine now, great :rolleyes: