1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Dropped him like a bad habit.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

Our resident 'Rilla is gonna want to know what that funny shit is that those stocks are made out of.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Beautiful stocks. Chris will figure it out one of these days:D

DaveB, Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I saw these mentioned a few weeks back but didn't really know the in's and out's of them. I've watched a few vids of what they look like in action. Seems like it would be fun to have lying around for a rainy day, lol. Seems quite useless especially in NJ with 10-round mag limits.

https://wideopentriggers.com/wot-hard-reset-trigger-1
    https://www.rarebreedfirearms.com/rare-breed-trigger-frt-15/

The Rarebreed's are marked way the hell up, but the WOT's can be found on GB for quite a bit cheaper still by the loooks of it.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Seems beyond silly to have one with 10 round mags...not to mention with the price of ammo you can blast off more 5.56 than the cost of the trigger in less time than it'll take to order one. I want one (or a binary); while I wait for 5.56 to get cheap again I can always make it rain little brass cases with the .22 conversion...

6. Tristan

Was having a beer or seven a few nights ago and bought another AR starter kit... Anderson complete lower for $150 at my local shop. Has anyone had both PSA and Bear Creek uppers to compare? Since I have the .22 conversion for my other AR, I have an "extra" 5.56 BCG- I see PSA has various length pistol uppers minus BCG and CH for under $250, thinking a 10.5" upper would be nice. What else do I need besides a CH? Do the "complete uppers" come with takedown pins? I have plenty of 5.56 mags and a couple extra optics.

7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Take down pins are part of the lower thus any lower kit or complete lower will have them. I’ve owned bear creek and PSA. The bear creek barrels aren’t that great but the 6.5 PSA will single hole at 100 yards.

8. Tristan

Thanks. I meant to mention- trying to avoid adding another caliber for now... If/when I move somewhere that I have easy access to longer outdoor sports to shoot, I'm thinking .308 (probably PSA10)

On a positive note, went shooting yesterday at a new to me indoor range, and was pleasantly surprised they're ok with steel case ammo and rapid firing unlike most places around here. $25 a head for unlimited time, we shot for almost 2 hours.

9. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Thanks.

That is one reason I wanted those, I knew he had made sure they were in tip top shape, and just looked awesome. He would re blue barrels and hand make stocks on some guns he had. He was a true craftsman and I honored to own them. My 10 year son got the message last night. I said buddy when something happens to me these and all thats in the safe go to you. You are not to sell them but to pass them on to your kids and there kids. These and my grandpas all have amazing stories dont ever get rid of them.

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Tristan

So I was perusing Bear Creek's uppers, and added an 8.5" upper to my cart to see what they charge for shipping. Turns out...zero.. and they had a 15% sale. So, long story longer- I'll have a complete AR pistol for a whopping $345 (plus tax on the lower). I think that's what they call a no-brainer. Yes, I know a barrel that short in 5.56 will be loud as fuck and maybe not that accurate... but with the .22 bolt in it and a can (ETA 2022ish) it should be fun.

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

So the complete lower came with a brace.
    I’ve never shot an 8.5 223 but can imagine it’s loud as fuck. My 300 is 8.5 and I really wanted a little more barrel but it’s a fun gun.

12. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

This thread is a bad influence. Stopped by LGS yesterday and they had gotten one of the Canik Mete SFT models in. Dammed if it didn't follow me home.....

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I’ve looked at the CMMG 45 several times now.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m buying for my birthday a compact Baby Desert Eagle in .45 ACP . I’m going to take the conceal carry class when I return to Florida for the winter . I currently have a Mark 19 Desert Eagle with both a .44 Mag and .50 AE ported barrels and love the workmanship of that manufacturer ... but those are a little too big for conceal carry .

15. Sherry E SANDRUCK

Sherry E SANDRUCK Active Member

I like Birthdays......I got an AR10 for my bday......got home and husband said "I aways wanted an AR10" I said "excuse me...you still don't have one"

16. motoracer1100

Congratulations.., I want one of those also .. just have to find another Holiday to purchase one. I was leaning towards a Mega Arms matched upper and lower receiver , but I waited too long and apparently they were purchased by another manufacturer and it looks like they may have changed the design of it . Which sucks because it was an absolute work of art .. oh well , more research is needed .

17. Sherry E SANDRUCK

Sherry E SANDRUCK Active Member

Its the Sig Tread 308... its nice :) ...... Halloween is coming up! there's your holiday!.... (this is my hobby now since I don't ride anymore....however not anymore economical than racing n trackdays were)

18. motoracer1100

Halloween might be a little too soon for that purchase . But I will definitely find another holiday , even if I have to make one up .:DI will look into the Sig . Thanks for the heads up

19. upload_2021-10-5_20-51-16.jpeg