1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Supply Chain / Parts Shortages

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It is a worldwide conspiracy to annoy you.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

im an HVAC sub in commercial construction. im seeing 22 weeks on certain product lines.

its nuts.

ajcjr likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

rumor has it refrigerants are getting to be short and prices have achieved Space X liftoff velocity.

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

just yesterday i was told i could only order 1 pallet of R410A jugs. so we are seeing supply houses limit us at the moment.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If I were a betting man the opportunity is being taken to stop the race to the bottom by using this "man made crisis" to artificially limit supply to increase demand and reap the rewards. But then again I trust no one so I just always assume a company is trying to fuck me every chance they get.

crashman likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You are probably right more often than wrong.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I'm a manufacturing manager, this year has been a challenge, all my historical data points on when to order material based on burn rate have been out the window, parts that were normally in stock or 4 weeks out are 4 months, the chip shortage pushed out a new product we just released 1 year and that was already after a 1 year delay with engineering throwing the product over the wall to me. Just this week one of our core products we sell alot of got a notification a of GPS chip delay out to June 2022, I usually keep floating stock but I burned thru everything due to delays. I 've been scouring the internet for parts that claim to exist but they don't, brokers can't source anything which normally they can find most everything. I lost a guy to a competitor that's paying 30% more for the exact same job and now the looming mandate of what can't be discussed here could really create a shitstorm as people will walk. It's a mess.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Bearing Bin resize.jpg Bearing Drawer resize.jpg
    Bearing I have :)

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Walmart distribution center that I used to work at is currently offering a starting pay of $28 hour with a $5000 signing bonus.

SundaySocial and evakat like this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

From what I have seen people who were forced to work from home either default to workaholic like your wife or worthless dogfucker like many from our office.

cxd10 and Gorilla George like this.
  11. Yep, that’s what I’ve seen also.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm happily retired, but I am available to stay home and be worthless for half the going rate. Who do I need to talk to?

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Unfortunately for you the only thing people that are total dogfuckers work hard at is trying to justify their jobs and they hang on to those jobs tenaciously.

tl1098 likes this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Let's not be drastic here...

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

telling people they had to stay home for a year, duh!

5axis, R Acree and YamahaRick like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My bad. I don't know what I was thinking.

noles19 likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Everyone is bored.

notbostrom likes this.
  18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Is that because they can't get the unloaded containers out of the port or what is causing the problem?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

FWIW, hoarding is a component of the shortages. Mfrs and contractors that have $$$ and whse space are buying more than they currently need so they don't have to shut down a month or two from now.

Montoya likes this.
  20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

You better be bullshitting me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.