1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Supply Chain / Parts Shortages

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Out on page 1...

SuddenBraking and R Acree like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Arrrrrrrr....wait....that sounds a lot like work. I'm looking for retaarrrrrrrrment.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

not really.

backbone, Rebel635, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And there you have it.
    All of my suppliers have no real idea any longer as to when parts will arrive.
    Ships not being offloaded, lack of truck drivers to deliver.
    Then there's lack of warehouse workers.
    I'm hearing mid 22 before things get back to normal.
    And that's if there's no major outbreaks .

5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

And we are in the middle of a major outbreak.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

There is so much to say on why this is occurring but you know that there is at least 1 mod standing there with a mallet ready to play Whack A Mole.:crackup:

Gorilla George and G Dawg like this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Lucky for me I'm an alcohol "prepper" :beer:

[​IMG]

8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I am a project manager for a med sized residential/commercial builder.
    Lead times are all over the place.
    One vinyl window manufacturer just told us 100 days lead time for certain windows.
    Our local Sherwin Williams store is super low on any primer and certain paints.
    And I have a government facility renovation that I completed in July... I still don't have the door access control system! Vendor told me the main computer system is out like 4 months due to the chip shortages!

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Simple statement here :D. Auto tier 2 supplier. 2nd shift currently eliminated, 3rd shift "temporarily" laid off, 1st shift cut to 3 days/week.. Automakers simply not pulling any stock from us.

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Went looking at furniture yesterday. 10-20 weeks for delivery on some items. F’n crazy…

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh, hell no. I'm headed to Liquor King tomorrow! Me & the missus have an agreement to discuss expenditures of $400 or more. <6> 1.75s of Old Fo 100 proof, and 2, maybe three of Smirnoff? That should be safe?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Montoya and sdg like this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Welcome to my last 9-12 months.

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/yall-need.372224/

And now its worse. We have paid/are paying 16,000-20,000 per container for Japan to Mid west USA. Used to be 2500-3500. Rates to Japan - LAX alone...no inland freight...are 4000-9000 per container.

We looked at a reefer container for some temp controlled material.....$30,000 from Japan to ATL area. They could only find a 40' when a 20' will work.

Its absolutely nuts. It will be like this thru 2022 unless demand (ie the Economy) tanks.

So take your pick...errryone still making bank but nothing to buy...or 2008 and no money to buy all the stuff you want.

15. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

what is up with the world wide Gatorade G2 shortage? Ski

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

People realized its nasty?

Knotcher, ToofPic, 418 and 2 others like this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I "was" a driver for Coke,and still have friends there.They are hurting badly.
    Shortage of aluminum,warehouse help,and drivers.They are literally short on 10 plus
    major drinks.The next problem,is no drivers,which I dont feel sorry for this cheap pos
    company for.You reap what you sew!
    They have loaded trailers on the yards and no drivers to deliver them,All the major stores
    have merchandisers that work the product,but once again Coke shit on them too,so no one
    wants to put the product out,and shelves are empty.
    Truck drivers have been getting shit on since the mid 80's as far as Im concerned,and Im glad
    to see the chickens come home to roost! Millions,upon Millions made off a drivers back,while we ate
    in truck stops,never home,families fell apart,and no one cared we lived like dogs!
    (Rant off?)

ducnut, VFR#52, jonathanp and 2 others like this.
  18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I pretty much stopped drinking hard liquor, but love my Corona's.
    Been having a bit of a hard time finding 18 Packs of 7oz bottles .
    When I do, I buy several cases at a time.

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I work in the aircraft industry and things are similar here. Tires are one of the items. And since the aircraft is certified with a specific tire(s) an operator can't just buy whatever tire might be available, they have to buy a tire certified for their ac and sometimes there may only be one option.

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I'm in the middle of painting my house and we bought SW paint. We had to wait to get the paint because the kind we wanted wasn't available. That meant my wife got to change her mind a couple more times on the shade she wanted.

StaccatoFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.