1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'General' started by StanTheMan, Feb 4, 2021.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thanks for the update, Stan. I hope this will be the full extent of her symptoms.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

How high was her temp?
    That burning nose feeling really sucks!

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

So glad to hear this update.

4. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I think the highest it got was like 100.8 F. So still a relatively low-grade fever. Still blowing her nose a lot and lots of blood in there. This stuff sucks.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Gotcha, that's about as high as mine was last year, it's a really weird illness. I hope she feels better quickly!

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

how are you doing stan? did you test positive, or negative? how are you mentally and physically? hope you are doing better too. Ski

7. StanTheMan

I'm hanging in there. Not sleeping well for all the worrying, Duke wants me tested 6 days after the wife's positive test, which was last Thursday, so I'm going to be tested Wednesday at 10:00 a.m. So far, I've had no symptoms myself, but I've already had both vaccination shots, so I hope I'll be ok. I'm on quarantine by Duke for the next 14 days. But all in all, things are ok. She's holding her own, just not progressing like I'd like her to. Thanks for asking, I appreciate you!

BigBird, L8RSK8R, CowboyRR and 7 others like this.
  8. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

Last Friday I had my second Pfizer one as well. You'll be testament if/how well the vaccine works, or not.
    I hope your wife continues to recover, and you stay healthy as well.

9. StanTheMan

So today, (Wednesday, 2/10/21) the wife is actually feeling better, cough is less persistent and fever has been gone around 48 hours. Glad to see her moving in the right direction. Duke wanted me tested 6 days after the wife’s positive test, so that was today. When I arrived for the test, the nurse said, “it’s very likely you’re positive if you’re both in the same house “. But thankfully I just got the results around 6 pm and I’m negative. Woot! Woot!

j cal, JCW, BigBird and 18 others like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

This morning, I heard on the radio a 116 year old French nun caught and survived Covid-19. That's amazing!!!!

Razr likes this.
  12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Great news, Stan.
    Keep the momentum & trajectory.

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

dont know you but great to hear how things are going. all the best for your wife. great grand son has covi but is doing well thank god.

DBR and Razr like this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Great news Stan, hope she continues to improve. My brother had it last June, his fiancé lives with him, she never tested positive.

15. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Hang in there Stan. Sounds like Mrs. Stan is headed in the right direction. You need anything, just call me.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

She turned 117 today. She said she just wanted to make it to that milestone, and God can take her now. The guy interviewing her didn't even seem to pick up on that.

Hey Stan, great news for both you and Mrs. Stan! :beer:

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@StanTheMan
    Post an update when you have time. Hope the trajectory continued in the correct direction!!

18. StanTheMan

Unfortunately not the update I want to post. Tonight, 2/15/21, wife said, “I’m really tired, I’m headed to bed”. It was 9 pm, but I thought, “what the hell, she’s been through a lot”. So I kissed her goodnight and said I won’t be up late. About 3-4 more minutes later I hear a noise that sounded like someone dropped furniture in a room somewhere. I go into the bedroom and my wife is sitting on her butt near the window with this confused look on her face. When I asked her what happened she said, “I don’t know, my legs just gave out and here I am on the floor “. I helped her to bed but she cried for 5-10 minutes. It scared the hell out of her, and to be honest, me too. I saw a segment on 60 Minutes about people who lost their ability to walk after Covid-19 and neurologists can’t explain it. I’ll likely not sleep tonight watching her sleep and wondering if she can walk in the morning. Prayers please. This is really scary.

Boman Forklift and Razr like this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hang in there Stan, she just needs some sleep, prayers sent.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Jesus. Done.

Newyork likes this.