1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. That is a valid point. But if I can't get the job done with 26 rounds of .45, then I should just give up and get dead.

Photo likes this.
  2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That shit had me spitting up Mt Dew
    I’d have to blame that on your desire to have mostly 9mm/45. Start expanding on calibers and it’ll be like starting all over.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. :D

Shit. That is actually a good idea. It could be like a challenge to see how many guns and how much ammo I can stockpile of a different caliber.

Ima go research on the HK, Sig, and Springfield sites and see what other caliber has the most tacticool shit. :D

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

In the words of Clint Smith regarding pistol caliber carbines:
    "If you want a pistol, get a pistol. If you want a rifle, get a rifle. But pick one and quit dicking around in the middle.":D

rd400racer likes this.
  5. redtailracing

Start getting all the tacticool shit in .308/7.62x51. That'll keep you busy for awhile and I suspect would slow even your spending habits down.

6. Hell the way things are now, the gun/caliber choice will likely be dictated by available ammo.

Ive kicked around the idea of getting some 10mm guns. Ill probably go with either 10mm or .40, depending on which one is more readily available.

And I wont stock up on the new type of ammo now. Not at these prices. I might get a few thousands rounds to play with, but I wont stock up until shit gets back normal.

7. :crackup:

Ive got enough of the "regular" shit; I like dicking around in the middle and trying to find odd shit. :D

8. Its funny because Springfield has a lot of choices in 10mm. H&K doesn't make a single 10mm gun.
    H&K has a lot of choices in .40. Springfield doesn't make a single .40 gun.

Why is that?

But to be honest, it might not be a popular choice, but between those 2 I like Springfield better. They both shoot fine, but the Springfields fit my hand better; they just feel better to me. I like their "fatter" grips.

I think I probably have more Springfields than anything else. Well, or maybe I have more Sigs; I like them to. Hell I don't know. But I do know I have the least amount of FN's. I think I only have 3 of those.

Edit, shit. No. I have fewer Glocks than anything else. I just remembered that I only have one Glock. The little 43X. Aside from that, I don't like the way Glocks feel in my hand.

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

10 mm for sure
    It was the last of the not so odd rounds to dry up when shit got stupid

10. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

You are the poster child for the Left's gun/ammo control efforts.

Cheers,

Dave

11. FN doesn't make anything aside from 9mm and .45.

Well, they have that FN57. But they don't make 10mm or .40.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

good question
    I got no idea
    I’ve only owned one 40 and now it sports a 9 barrel so it’s not a caliber I’m into. But 10, now that’s a party.

13. redtailracing

Man you are one backwards fucker. :D My favorite guns (all, not just pistols) are FN and HK (even though they hate civilians ). I'll admit that I did sell an FN recently because I just wasn't a fan of it but everything else of theirs I've thoroughly enjoyed. Want a PS90 in a bad way but need to finish building out my current rifles before I invest in any new ones. I'm at the point now I won't touch a Sig with a 10 foot pole. I will agree about Glocks though. You almost have to learn a whole different grip style to shoot it effectively. Fantastic guns, but not my thing.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ya got 2 hands right?

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I really like my FN stuff. I've had the FN SLP shotgun a while ago that was great but sold it to get something else (and I had an identically set up 1187). really like the 509t and FNXt but primarily because I'm a lefty for pistols so the ambi controls are good.

I'm a sucker for calibers as well. I reload for 18 or 19 different calibers, and have enough brass for most of them to keep me busy for a while. I want to like the 5.7 but the reloading issues cause me to shy away.

And you guys know the 10mm and 40S&W are basically the 40 caliber version of 38 special and 357 magnum? The FBI wanted the 10mm but it was too hot for most agents to maintain accurate shooting, so they downloaded it to a more reasonable level to make it easier to shoot, and then decided to shorten the case and make the 40S&W. Same bullets and reloading dies just a longer case on the 10mm. 10mm = .992 case length vs .850 for 40S&W and technically it's large pistol primer vs small pistol primer for the 40 "Short and Weak". :)

wsmc 589 likes this.
  16. When I pick up a Springfield or a Sig, it just feels right. It immediately feels "at home". H&K are "ok". Their grips are too thin for my liking, but I can deal with it. I put some Talon grips on them.

Probably my favorite 9mm is the Springfield XD-M Elite. It is perfect. The way it feels in my hand, the sights, the smooth action, quick trigger. When I shoot it, it almost feels as if I'm not shooting it. I don't know how to explain it. You know how when you are racing, you don't think "ok, grab this lever, pull this peg up, and squeeze on this other lever"...it just all happens, almost naturally. That is what it feels like when I shoot the XD-M Elite.

But my primary one (the one that stays next to the bed) is the H&K VP9L Tactical. Ive got it sorted with SRO, light/laser combo, and a 27 round magazine. Its legit. :D

But once I send the slide on the XD-M off to be cut for optics, that will likely change and the XD-M will be my main one.

17. Oh shit, now we are talking. :crackup:

[​IMG]

18. This is the only Glock I have. It’s got an aftermarket 15 round magazine (that doesn’t change the overall length of the gun much at all, so it’s still easily concealed).

2A3E6FE2-62E9-4AB6-B772-AB3B5E7CEB9A.jpeg

19. redtailracing

Sig feels perfectly fine to me. And from an innovation standpoint, they come up with some really cool shit. My problem is I don't trust them. Have had too many of my own issues with them compounded by acquaintances of mine experiencing issues themselves and then the widespread stuff that you can read about anywhere that has plagued some of their guns. The early P365s were plagued with a few issues, the P320 trigger debacle, the MPX (or MCX, can never remember exactly which one) requiring use of a blow-by suppressor to prevent damage from overgassing. I personally shot the barrel out of one of their ARs in 1k rounds and never did a single mag dump. I just don't have much faith in their quality control.

Oddly enough, I've never shot a Springfield. And I even own one! But it's 130 years old and in good shape so she's just a safe queen for now. Inherited from my grandfather. Might take it out and shoot it one day after taking to a gunsmith first to make sure everything is in order with it. But Springfield's in general seem decent enough and I did almost buy an XD once upon a time (love the grip). But then I shot a VP9, fell in love, and had to have one of those instead.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Doesn't look concealed.