1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Never heard of that movie.

2. Dude. Its an awesome movie. Probably one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

3. :stupid:

From what i gather, as long as you aren't a convicted felon, it is legal for anybody to own. But if you are wearing it while committing a crime, you get in deep shit.

But like everything else, every state has its own version of the law. So I would double check.

But regardless of what the law says, I would get one anyway if I felt a need. It's a lot easier to deal with the fallout from having something you are not supposed to have, when you are alive. Id rather be alive and have to deal with the "why did you have that?" than be dead.

Kinda like the "No guns allowed" signs....

DucatiBomber, The Todd and britx303 like this.
  4. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Can't stand her, never watched it.

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Why do you think the UPS guy HATES me. :crackup:4moa? Hmm. Mine holds pretty tight. Its not my AR6.5CM or Rem700 lets take out tootsie pop sticks at 200yds but it still will put a hole in what I'm aiming at.

You forgot blowing targets and ammo boxes off the bench lane next to you. :D ALso works at clearing snow off the roof of the firing line. Also great at getting back at people who park right next to you at the bench when theres about 15 lanes open between yourself and the other guy there then proceeds to start mag dumps pelting you with brass. :crackup:

fastfreddie likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Mine's the semi-, M82. Not their most precise platform with all that machinery sloshin' about but good enough against vehicle-sized targets at any distance.
    I could never shoot mine for accuracy...it's just overwhelmingly too much fun blowin' the shit outta backstops and anything else the rounds might impact. :D
    If I got anywhere near serious about "how good does it shoot", well, then the price of ammo gets serious, too, $7-$8/round.

7. She doesn't play a huge role in that movie. McAvoy is the main character. Its a damn awesome movie.

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Mine is a M82A1 also. Hand loads work better than factory ball. Even with factory you still should hit 3 or better at 300. Gotta get back out to re-do the scope sight in. Dumbass here put a - sign in when I did the math to zero it at 300 on a 100yds range. Instead of 3.5" high @100 I went 3.5" low.

Heres a file to help accuracy on M82's. How to polish the sear, shim the trigger and fix the looseness in the bolt carrier if your is a bit loose.

Attached Files:

9. fastfreddie

Thanks for the link. I didn't read it all yet, but that whole moving of the carrier sounds like it needs to be looked into to see where I'm at.
    It's time I ripped into it just to clean/inspect/lube anyway...this would be the first time I go further than just cleaning the bore. It's had hundreds of rounds through it, maybe even a thousand. (I should count the empties). Any and all wear patterns should be clearly visible, giving me a good idea of how smoothly my gun is runnin' and where I might need to pay particular attention.
    Thanks again!

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Oh good lord no. No no no and double no. On the ar500 that is. Besides being heavy and having a questionable customer service reputation, the big issue is spalling. You take a rifle hit center mass with that shit, your entire neck and face is getting sprayed with shrapnel. Spalling is real and there is no coating that’s gonna stop it.

As I understand, Hesco is top notch. Have also heard lots of good things about RMA. I personally have Hoplite Level IV and am quite happy with them. If you keep an eye on their, they run some decent sales. If I remember correctly, I think my set cost me just a hair over $400 and they were delivered at the quoted lead time (8 weeks I think).

don’t know much about some of the other brands. From what little I’ve heard about safelite, for what the op is talking about, I think they’ll get the job done. Just be careful of some of the chinesium brands out there. A few of them have been getting popular here lately and they’re straight up junk.

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Is this the one with the curving bullets?

Picked up a P365 SAS. Loving it. Not a target pistol but sooo easy to carry and nothing to snag.

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yes to movie question
    And I totally agree with your assessment of the 365 sas
    My favorite carry gun

Gorilla George and Jed like this.
  13. Yep.

Ive been practicing it at the range. I haven't quite gotten it down pat yet. But I am scoring some nice hits on other people's targets. :D

14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

"Wanted" is also based on a pretty awesome comic book series from Image Comics.

That's all I really have to input for this thread.

Other than some criminal charges I picked up as a kid no longer count against me trying to get a carry permit in MI.. So I'm interested in that, but I don't know much about it. I travel a ot more and now my wife comes with me.. I'd feel better if we had some protection on the road.

For those wondering, the charges were non violent, and I didn't steal anything. I just, kinda didn't want to pull over, and it turned into a whole thing.

Senna likes this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

FYI, mythbusters did a good segment on the "curving bullet" deal. We all already know it's a fictional idea, but they put it to the test. :cool:

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So you had drugs to ditch:crackup:

17. fastfreddie

18. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

No sir.

buuuutttttttt... A dipshit I was riding with FOR SURE did. I wanted no part in it. We split. He got popped within an hour or so. They were able to get my plate and just met me outside of my employer a few days later. I hopped in the back of the Crown Vic with no struggle at all, and my boss took my bike inside the shop... (police couldn't take the vehicle off private property or something, and I wasn't on it when they got me)

My pal had priors so he went to state for a bit. My adult record was clean, and my juvenile record had some assault stuff in it but it wasn't counted against me. I was saving money because I wanted to move out west and build race cars.. I spent all of it and more on a decent lawyer. Took a plea deal and pled guilty to reckless driving, careless driving, failing to yield to emergency vehicle, and multiple citations for improperly mounted plate, etc..

"I never met that dude in my life, he just started riding next to me that day, don't know his name, nothin" Helps when you're trying to not get sliced up at the bar later on..

Boss let me use all of my vacation days starting on my court date, (I was out on bail, but could only be at work or at home) and promised if I wasn't a piece of shit when I got out, I'd have my job back. Got 90 days, served 13, had the balance held over me for 18 months. If i got pulled over for no seatbelt, I would go back for the duration. Didn't miss a paycheck during this whole ordeal.. I was lucky.

I straightened my shit up lol.

We are products of our environment, want a better end result? change your environment..

Anyway, the Reckless Driving charge banned me from getting a CPL for 8 years in my state. I have been able to since 2017, I just haven't done it yet..

noles19 likes this.
  19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

mailed a CMP 1911 packet today. Figured why not

jksoft and Triple X like this.
  20. RRRepsolRider

RRRepsolRider Well-Known Member

Scored a new Taurus G2C 9mm today. Came with 2 12rd mags. Good friend of mine got one for his fiancé at Xmas that had a 17 rd mag but I couldn’t find one. Picked this one up for concealed carry. Price was decent so why not. [​IMG]

Gorilla George and Razr like this.