1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

@Gorilla George, I don't think a new caliber is your solution. What you need is a new platform to exploit your pistol calibers. May I suggest Pistol Caliber Carbines?
    Getting tactitard with them is simply a matter of commitment. You seem like a guy that could be committed. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Say a Cornershot maybe?

[​IMG]

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@Gorilla George
    Bullshyt!
    This is the gawd damn beeb . . . go big or go home!
    upload_2020-12-31_20-0-42.jpeg

5. My windows are tinted. :D

OldSchlPunk and Sabre699 like this.
  6. That's the one that Angelina Jolie shot in "Wanted" isn't it? At the beginning, when they were in that grocery store.

7. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

FNP/FNX /FNS comes in .40 cal. Can get a .357 SIG barrel and have another option in same gun.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

That’s what he was talking about with the AR45.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:D... nothing like a nice Railgun to round out the collection

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Body armor...........whatcha got? Looking for my girls and found some cool universal plate inserts for backpacks,and seems more practical than vests since it can just stay in there. Safelife Defense is one Ive come across. Yall have anything? Recommendations?

11. speedluvn

Some places it maybe illegal to own body armor.

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

1st off that’s insane to be illegal, so won’t go down that route:D. I did check however and all I’m seeing for us here is it’s legal as long as we aren’t convicted drug dealers. Still, I gotta shake my head there’s a law against self protection equipment ...........couldn’t resist :flag::D

speedluvn likes this.
  13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I only heard it added more weight if a crime was committed while wearing armor. Though every state is different. I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was illegal in Kali.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Legal to own in all 50 states unless you are a felon. Many states its a felony to use it while commiting another crime.

CT has the most strict body armor law. In CT you can only buy it face to face, no online sales.

I "retired" my last pc and plates this year (they are a tick old as in bought in 2003 to replace the ones I got back in 1992). I bought them for deer gun hunting since we hunt on public land and alot of Chicago area idiots hunt the same areas. Had an incident back in 1991 where some Chicago assholes bought old paper mill land and on opening day open fired in all directions the second it was legal to shoot. Had a few bullets whiz by me and one hit the tree 2' above me. Had an idiot in a tree put his scope up on me when I was walking the trail coming into the woods. Another idiot (same area as the guy using the scope to look around) swept me with his rifle when a deer ran between us. Havent used a pc while hunting since we now lease 150 acres of private land for the last 6yrs.

Picked up a new pc and level IV ceramics this fall. Got it in coyote tan instead of black. Each plate is 6.5lbs and multi-hit rated.

The Todd and britx303 like this.
  15. britx303

From what I’ve skimmed I think Connecticut is worse than Kali for armor........but only grazed over that while checking my states idiocy on it

16. britx303

Ya beat me to it on Connecticut. But damn.........screw hunting public land. We were fixing to go soon to a large public spot soon.

17. speedluvn

I’ll
    Appreciate the updated info. It also proves why I’m
    hesitant to hunt on public land.

18. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I'm looking and about ready to buy some myself. Hesco seems to be a very good quality brand and they have a variety of styles and weights/ratings to fit your budgets.

AR500 if you just want something cheap and simple.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Pfft. Just go straight for the Barrett. Yeah, it's horribly imprecise (~4moa), weighs 28lbs empty, cheap ammo is >$3/round but, damn, if pullin' that trigger ain't an out-of-body experience...every time. :Putter:

While it wasn't designed to be a CQB weapon, one round would be all that's necessary to take down a room. You know, flash-bang percussive shock-n-awe and all that. The room won't need a housecleaner for some time as the Barrett will knock the dust off everything, clear the cobwebs from your hangover-fogged teammates minds, create confusion and chaos in neighboring buildings, make dogs howl a mile away - quite effective and just good clean fun.
    Seriously, a laugh a minute...or anytime you squeeze the trigger.
    Only downside is that a pallet of ammo isn't as many rounds as you might think. Get two. :D