1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Don’t forget the early drama surrounding the Ducati. We got a good bit of conversation out of that

stk0308 likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

Toni fell off, Josh lost his factory ride, Gerloff left for Europe, JD picked flat track and Jake Lewis lost his ride and that’s just superbike! last year was so close in the top classes (sbk, 600 and stock 1000) we were bound to have a hangover

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I have a question, about sunday's race. I was headed to park ferme (spelling) after the I believe first superbike race iirc, and cam Peterson and travis wyman were mother fucking each other at the out in gate. Then they pull into tech, and travis gets in cams face and they are cussing each other loudly. Never heard exactly what for. It was enough that several people had to separate them and Melissa P., pushed Travis away and said some not so nice stuff. I never heard what it was truly about. I talked to Cam a few minutes but it was about other stuff.

henry_carlson likes this.
  4. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

SuperSport the past two years has been pretty good.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rock on Melissa! :bow:

6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Well you lost some and gained some.

Toni falling off was big. 3rd in the championship has always been a ways back from those two. Roger was close (way closer than Josh was) until his last year when he got his bell rung at VIR and said “that’s it”.

Garrett would have found another gear like Cam has. If you look at the lap times, everyone is going as fast or faster than last year. Cam is just going that much faster. Not sure exactly what it is, but he’s very clearly happy with how that bike is set up.

Jake was never really a factor on the M4 bike. Not really his fault though. You did gain Bobby and now Zanetti though. Gagne is doing well but he should on that bike. Scholtz was riding great and going faster than ever.

7. henry_carlson

True true we just lost a lot of top talent is all!

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Cam replacing Joe Roberts, in moto2 and Roberts switching teams but staying in moto2 is a rumour I've read in a couple places recently which is probably far fetched but would be awesome

stk0308, The Great One and Suzuka_joe like this.
  9. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

That R1 is just so good And so is cam. Perfect combination. He seems to really like that bike for sure.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

why did they do 25 laps in 2016 in Superbike with stock1000 bikes but now it seems they do way fewer laps oi
    i don't hate this idea

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I just don’t see Cam taking that risk at this point in his career. He has little (none?) GP bike experience and that class is a meat grinder. It took Joe a few years to get even close to the pointy end.

I think our guys have the best shot of being competitive in WSBK.

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Areyou talking about laps in Indy?
    Stock 1000s would not be able to go much farther than they did this weekend, even some superbikes. With the redflags in some of the races a few riders ran out of fuel.

13. Suzuka_joe

Not just indy, in 2016 at NJ they did 25 laps in the race with Superbikes and Stock1000 bikes but it seems the most laps they've done this year is about 21 unless im wrong. Stamboli said in an interview the races are shorter to allow the superbike cup bikes to not run out of fuel.

rafa likes this.
  14. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Makes sense, the superbike cup bikes are the stock1000

15. Suzuka_joe

yes, im wondering why they did 25 laps 4 years ago but fewer laps now? Obviously they didnt run out of gas then..

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

If Cam Boobietitties goes Moto2 I don't want to say his career is over but the risk is high. UNLESS it's the right team and /or he can bring his entire team and Stamboli builds the Moto2 bike. Then he has a fighting chance... But still he has ZERO GP experience. How many riders have we seen go to Moto2 and fail miserably?

418, Senna and henry_carlson like this.
  17. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Been around the GP paddock for 2 years chasing Red Bull rookies cup and the Red Bull academy . He was teammates with you guessed it MM in 125cc Championship. Also ran the CEV stuff IIRC

Gino230 and stk0308 like this.
  18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder.

19. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I often wonder if his experience doing that caused his trepidation now. I think he is a bit of a homeboy. Nothing wrong with that, especially when you can be paid very well / successful to do it.

People forget JD, Jake Gagne, and Matthew Scholtz were former RB Rookies cup riders. I think Jake did it a little later, as I know Matt was there when JD and Cam were.

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member