1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, it hasn't exactly been a normal year.

2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I'm joking obviously.

In my mind, I keep thinking of ways for JD to come back. I believe his contract is up with Estenson this year? I suspect he isn't having much fun in AFT right now and I don't think he really wanted to be there to begin with.

A JD / Scholtz two bike Westby team would be awesome. Would be a fan favorite for sure. I'm also just pulling this out of my butt, so I'll be anxiously awaiting like everyone else.

Newyork, Senna and henry_carlson like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

unfortunately JD is in a multi year deal

Hoffman900 likes this.
  4. Hoffman900

You're right, I'm a year off :stupid:

henry_carlson likes this.
  5. henry_carlson

I don’t think much will change. Attack won’t change. Herrin will remain on the bmer. Cam P will fill toni’s seat. So that leaves the Altus 1000. Marcos Ramírez has a year left too so idk where in Europe Sdk would go. He seems to high profile for a satellite stock 1000 so maybe they bounce AD to Altus and SDK rides the m4 stock 1000. Maybe a Rocco/Sdk m4 600 team. I really am curious to know what Paasch is doing, back to bsb or is he going to stay here.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Herrin needs to get off that BMW. Nothing against the team but I don't think he's gelled with the thing from the get go.

Kyle needs to sell the V4R and write Attack a check for a couple of proper setup R1's and reap the benefits of not having to be a development rider.

7. henry_carlson

I agree. However, I coulda sworn I heard they were re upping and getting a new bike.

8. 418

418 Expert #59

Maybe the 2020 bike will have better Juju?

I mean besides T.Wyman who else has been developing that thing?

9. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Is there anyone who could be the next Nicky Hayden?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and go where?

Kyle needs to keep the bike and get help. He's trying to do too much. All that'd take is cash, too bad Rockstar energy has been f@cked so bad in roadracing. They'd make a great partner for Kyle.

evakat likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Elias is retiring. :Poke:

I think it'd be hard to get better ROI than KWR team in that paddock as a sponsor. I wish him luck but you can only crash a bike so many times before it affects your confidence and your wallet.

Senna likes this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Kyle said in his last round recap (NJMP?) that he's handed over the reigns for crew chief for the first time ever, hopefully he has yet to see the benefit.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry, I like Kyle and think very highly of him but that ain't happening. Not for 2021 at least.

Cam burned it down this year and there's a lot of talent out there.

henry_carlson and Circacee like this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Cam killed it this year. I would have loved to have seen the end of the Barber race had he not made that mistake.

Circacee likes this.
  15. Hoffman900

Especially considering he was almost on pace or faster than Kyle on a SSTK bike. PJ would likely have been as well.

Senna likes this.
  16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Honestly MA racing in general has been underwhelming this year.. I've stopped chasing channels to try and watch it.. sad

TLR67 and RRP like this.
  17. Hoffman900

Honestly a big part of it is Toni. If it weren't for him battling Cam, the last few years would be pretty boring.

I think it's a combination of Toni stagnating on the bike or going a little slower and Cam going a little faster on a bike more inline with a WSBK build.

drop likes this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't think we've had even one good lightweight twins cheating ass cheater thread. The only drama we have is a bit of bother over 36 cubic centimeters.

19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

No channel to chase. Pick up phone. Open app. In 7 seconds, live motoamerica.....3 days worth.

turbulence and JJJerry like this.
  20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I don't normally watch it but the race yesterday morning was pretty good.