1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Maybe MA can field a masters class.

Circacee and henry_carlson like this.
  2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

I got no problem with that

3. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

If Elias checks out, I say Mesa (big bike experience) and Richie ride Honos/Graves 10Rs and the fastest 16 year old I know of gets on Richie's defending 6R to carry the torch in Supersport!!!

Gino230 and Newyork like this.
  4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

We can get Crashlow and Sykes !!!

track wagon and kirk erlinger like this.
  5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I’d think Mesa would just continue to run both. I think we are over estimating honos and their ability to field a multi class team. They put an ig post out where they photo shopped their logo onto a duck and gave MA some quotes and now they are running superbike? I’d think they’d be more inclined to run it back in 600s.

6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Talking about Toni's retirement, let's throw it back to 2016 with Toni, Roger Hayden, and Josh Hayes battling it out. Toni and Rog on the old Gixxers obviously:

Certainly there were guys here that were as fast, but man did he raise the race craft bar.

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I seem to remember Cal saying he wants to race in the US on a Honda at some point. He already has a house in Cali

8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

2016 looked like they we're going lightyears faster.

turbulence and Hoffman900 like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Petersen will have to move to SBK, no?

Hoffman900 likes this.
  10. Hoffman900

I think the Suzuki's actually handled then. Toni rides it way differently now... he was riding that thing like a GP / Moto2 bike then.

Watch his lines into T1 and I haven't seen a MA rider go into there like that since (25:30 is a good example).

Makes you wonder how he would have done on a good handling R1 over the past 3 years.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

definitely. He looks so much "slower" when transitioning and such nowadays. Back then, the bike looked outta shape but in a good way. Weird way to describe it.

12. Hoffman900

He could actually have a flow on that thing. The 2017 bike wasn't as good but it really went to shit in 2018 at RAm with the new rear tire and he's never looked the same since.

Watch him ride in 2017 (even when the rear tire was better for that bike):

It handles like a dump truck.

13. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

It would be great if he added a new class each year but kept racing the old ones too!

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Rocco if he stays here, will be on a 600

Mesa will continue to do without a big ride, but he won't do alot of 600 racing anyway.

Elias is out. Sdk attempts the superbike only to find out he will end up on a stk1000

Cam Peterson ends up on the m4 superbike.

Herrin leaves sheibe. Possibly rides once or twice for m4

Gagne needs to prove himself as I think stanboli is about over it with him.

Boob e yah, stays as no one in wsbk wants him.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see him racing abroad next year.

16. Hoffman900

Breaking and crashing stuff?

I suspect SDK tries to make the jump to SBK only to realize he isn't ready yet, but HPPT probably knows more.

17. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Listen to stanbolis podcast. One of theast 2 or 3. He acted like and sounded like shit needed to change..

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just throwing stuff around like everyone else. :)

Hoffman900 likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Short of not retiring and staying another year on Suzuki I can hope that Elias somehow gets an Attack Yamaha.

One year there, beats Boobietitties for the championship and then retires while on top. :D

I can hope. Like I can hope there is a suzuki WSBK team next year. :crackup:

Newyork, RRP, Circacee and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hoffman900

How have we gotten this far without at least some confirmation? We're halfway through October already!

I would like to see Toni on a Yamaha, at least for one weekend. I want to see him on a bike that actually handles, but I think he's over it mentally. He's been a pro for what, 20 years at this point? This year for him looks like Roger's last and Josh's last.

Wild card guess, Cam Peterson to Schiebe? I could see him signing with M4 too. He's on their equipment already...