1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's easy...

Not enough users. Give them credit they do better than most. However it's more about having to produce and render individual high res views for each eye and deliver them in a timely manner. That's resource intensive given the 90 FPS threshold they need you to maintain to help prevent motion sickness.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What's considered enough ?
    It has to be close to 25% or more that are using it.
    There used to be a running tally in the VR forum.
    It stopped updating a few years back.
    From what I read on the various forums and FB pages it seems more like 50% are using VR.

3. Venom51

They are playing catch up for the years of slow ass development work they did. They are behind everyone else in everything other than the matching of drivers for competition. It'll come. It's just not a priority. For christ sake they just got the DX11 re-write done. About a decade later than it should have been. Now they need to get current and DX12 done. They are doing what they can with VR given the limitations of DX11.

I don't track VR usage as I have no interest. If it's 50% they don't really have a good excuse for not giving it some attention.

4. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

As in 2k resolution. Not 1080p or 4K

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Has Iracing made any signficant improvements in the last year and a half?

7. Venom51

Depends on who you talk to...

The audio improvements released are good. Not much else has gone on to make it better.

code3ryder likes this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Turned my favorite car {AMG} to to a steaming POS.

9. code3ryder

I remember they were supposed to do something with crash physics and tire stuff.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

They did. Repairs work a little better on some cars. Tires take a few laps to come in now.

code3ryder likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I never heard of audio effecting FPS...o_O

[​IMG]

12. code3ryder

I hooked it up and ran some laps last night. I noticed the car seemed to be a little skatey out of the pits.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, for some reason the Miata races were not available the other day, so I got the GT3 Cup car and started practicing. Holy shit, I can barely keep that car on the road! I thought I had a decent handle on it so I entered a race, ended up DQ'd for too many incidents. :eek:

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Gotta love those Beta testers.
    Several of us Steam users could not get the sim to load in VR after the update.
    Turns out they buried a post about needing to update Steam VR someplace instead of putting it in the VR forum.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

17. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

I hope to be joining the fray in the late fall / early winter. I have most parts for my build in and hope to get an RTX 3080 on Thursday.

stevedave and code3ryder like this.
  18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I race in vr. I have a Samsung Headset and I use a 1070. Works great for me.

G Dawg likes this.
  19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Are you using Gear VR ?

20. code3ryder

I'm currently only using my 27" curved 1ms 165hz and I'm ok with that. Currently getting 110fps at the Ring with pretty decent settings. Also doing it at my desk. Not sure I'm going as far as I did last time with building a rig and all that.