Irrational Car Purchases

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2016.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

My mom driving my irrational car purchase a year or so after I bought it. I just knew she was gonna spin it since it was kinda cold and the tires needed to be replaced, but she somehow got it back in one piece.

Attached Files:

mike574, BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Isn't that fun? Lol. Ill have to dig up a pic, but I gave my mother one of my AMG cars for a weekend and she did a rolling burnout down my street immediately.

3. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Too much fun. She was like, " hand me the keys..." I was like "yes ma'am"..

Yeah, she really likes my SL-55 better (so do I).

BigBird likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I understand your concern. I let my neighbor drive mine. Told him how easy they can get away, how I've spun it when practicing drifting around corners, just be careful.

About 5 years later after I sold It, he admitted to scaring the crap out of himself, spinning it, and being too embarrassed to tell me, since I spent so much time warning him. Lolol

wsmc 589 likes this.
  5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I think I like your SL-55 more....and I havent even seen it!!

wsmc 589 likes this.
  6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

my whole camaro has been a road of irrational since the day i bought it....70k into it now and i hope itll be running this weekend after a tune on the new forged/cam ls3....once you start down the rabbit hole...it goes very deep!

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I looked at an F-type and a F-pace in the field house parking lot today. Neat but no way I'd even consider either.

8. Boman Forklift

F-type has to be one of the sexiest new cars out right now.

Mud Whistle and wsmc42 like this.
  9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You should consider the first one....it is everybody's type. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, it was gorgeous but it smelled funny. Like the engine was about to let go in an expensive cloud of Castrol and coolant.

11. Boman Forklift

Must have found one of those built in the 50s or 60s

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Or on a day with an "O" in it in 2016. Monday, Today, Tomorrow. . . :D

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I am a little jelly of the GTI.
    Last year i bought the regular Golf and regret not spending the extra few grand to get a GTI.

I would highly recommend a tune. My car gained ridiculous power and gas mileage is not affected on normal drives. I average 35mpg
    Oh BTW the performance package also includes an "LSD" diff. Not just the brakes and extra hp.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

rafa, that 2.0 gasoline turbo engine from VW is one of the best engines in the world today. I've had three (including when it was a 1.8t) and I still smile at how it hits.

15. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

My wife has the same engine in her Tiguan. Fun car. Gti on stilts.

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yes it is a great little engine. The regular golf has the 1.8T here in the US. Shares a lot with the 2.0 but shorter stroke.
    I got APR tune for 93 octane gas. According to them the car makes 250hp and 298lb.ft of torque and I dont doubt it.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

After I replace my clutch, I may go with APR stage 2 and have the JB4 on top and to act maybe as a meth controller too... We'll see how far this rabbit hole goes...Well and money and $hit

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rafa likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I never updated this thread, my hip and seat issue forced me to trade it in and get the flappy paddle gearbox. I must say the DSG is pretty impressive, and I got the TCU tune before I picked it up. Did some suspension work/wheels, downpipe, intercooler installed and have an Golf R/IS38 turbo install pending at some point. It will have to wait awhile, since this house moving stuff is pretty impressive in the amount of time it all takes, the energy it sucks out of you, and the globs of money that somehow vanishes. That reminds me of everything I do...hmmmm

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

so just an update....I had the GTI Full Bolt on stage 2, upgraded turbo, suspension, blah blah, and was going to trade it in for a Golf R as I got bored and that project had run its course. Well at the dealership waiting to sign the paperwork, and there is this mint B9 Audi S4, white with red interior, and I sat it in and was like this is nice. So, while about to sign for the Golf R, I was like let me test drive that S4. The finance guy was like sure, we'll move the other cars out, and well after leaving the driveway, I was like this is the car for me.
    [​IMG]
    Took it home, and surprised everyone. They were like WTF...that's not a Golf R. I was like surprise...instead of working on the bathroom, I went stage 2 downpipe, JB4, Bilstein B16 coilovers, sways, all the inserts, full Milltek exhaust. And after driving it for a little before lockdown like that, I was like this is not my kinda car. Then VW came out with 0%/72 months and my wife was like why don't you get a Golf R, you're obviously not happy. So traded in the S4 with another 1500 miles on the odometer, took the hit, and got a new flappy paddle Golf R. In 45 days of ownership, I have gone full stage 2, downpipe, full Milltek exhaust, coilovers/subframe/mounts, Big Brake Kit, new wheels/tires which replaced the new wheels/tires, sways, inserts. And yeah, realized I love me some hot hatch in this process of car #36 I think. Would have rather a minivan and track car combo, but wife is against having a 3rd car, so here is my daily/track combo car

[​IMG]

cpettit, Lee#144 and Seiko like this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I had quite alot of happy miles in my tdi 5 speed.

BigBird likes this.