1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irrational Car Purchases

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

Aint that the damn truth. I had a Lexus RCF want to play this morning in 40 degree weather. No way am I hooking up from a stop.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I always loved being in a tux in the old flat black Jeep :D

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sean, did you see the link to an old Caddy I emailed you?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got the link but haven't been able to get to BARF yet today. Figure a bridge between here and the bay area is busted on the intertubes :D

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

So I bought the APR Downpipe, 034 Dogbone, clutch pedal stop, and setting up to get a stage II tune. Will disable the Soundaktor thing, and remove clutch spring.
    Trying to decide which short shifter to go with, and then remove clutch delay valve at the same time and then buy the drop in air filter too.

I wanted to keep it stock. That lasted 2 days, but these mods are nothing too crazy.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

just ordered the CTS Short Shifter (FtB), bracket bushing, and cable bushings.

I need to stop now....

Next on the list stage III, maybe in another 100 miles or so, when I get up to 250 :D

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Went to the Greenbrier once in my F350 crew cab long bed diesel dually....No place to park, gave it to the valet and said "good luck, kid" I have no idea how he parked it but it came back without a scratch so he got a good tip.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He probably put it down in the bomb shelter, lots of room there :D

9. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

That's the one. Talked myself out of it. Chuck is a friend.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

sooooo...yeah...a month later and 302 miles on it, and the seat is no bueno, actually it's terrible on my back/hip to the point that I dread even looking at it. The bottom portion of the seat is not adjustable in this model and it's a little too "bucket," which puts my hip way down and back in the seat and my legs up and over the seat. The side bolsters are also very high and squeezes the top half of me in. (5'8, 155 pounds)

I never noticed it on the test drive, because of course I tested the autobahn model which is about 5-7k more and is the only one that has seats that are fully adjustable.

I will try one of those wedges and see what happens. I can probably put a different seat in it, but then air bag lights and what not will show up on the dash. not a fun place to be right now. :(

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Junkyard and get the seats out of the better model?

rk97 likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

"Awww...him just a wittle guy"

BigBird likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No wonder he likes minivans. :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

not too many of the higher models out there in general, but that thought has crossed my mind. The older ones are like 1500 for the set though :eek:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah man. I got no ass and the basic seats in the GTI put my tiny but sexy ass to sleep inside 50 miles.

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Whats that?

17. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I'm such a weirdo because I only see a car as a capsule to get me from point a to point b. As long as it's reliable, has a good radio and a/c, it's cool with me. Ride quality, handling, power and prestige have no meaning to me for driving on the street. I've been driving a company car for over 20 years so that might have something to do with it. I'm jealous you guys know so much about cars and throw around all the letters and numbers and actually understand what they mean. I know I'm the .01% that feel like this and I wonder if I should seek counseling.

18. skee

skee # 358

Didnt buy car but thats how i got my DUCATI 1198SP(last yr trellis frame) with carbon and Ohlins everything. Literally said YOLO

BigBird likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

old people pillow that rakes forward :eek:

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Still loving mine, dont need no old person pillow :D

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.