Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

You’re predictable

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, in a Crash.net interview he said he was planning on racing in 2021 and not retire at the end of 2020.

track wagon likes this.
  4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Then he should probably book himself an overnight in the hospital and have himself fixed up while he has a few months off. Should have done it a month ago already.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

LOL!

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Like the knee drag and legl dangle I feel like Marquez has changed the style of riding. He's definitely upped the agro.

track wagon likes this.
  7. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

i thought rossi started the leg dangle?

8. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Equipment has never been closer...spec tires, dumbed-down software, fantastic manufacturer support, fittest athletes of all-time, excellent rivals (2016 had like 10 different winners?) and Marc beats them all, most weekends. Show me another rider who’s dominated the field when the parity has been this close.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Also, it’s my opinion Marc has pushed the level of aggression on the bike (elbow, dangle, saves) and with rivals (sometimes over the line - i.e. Argentina 2019).

Go back and watch a 2008 race and then watch something like Mugello 2019. Marc IS the show and it’s amazing to watch.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

OK...fun thought...put King Kenny, Freddie, Kevin, Barry, Stoner, Rossi, MM93, Eddie, Nicky, Wayne and Mick all on modern equipment when they were at their peak riding potential.
    Does MM93 still win?

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Fucking obliterates them.

Robby-Bobby and Quicktoy like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yes

Because the old farts didn’t cut their teeth on a motorcycle genetically engineered to not launch you into low orbit.

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

Put MM93 on a two-smoke....does he survive?

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the old guys proved they could adapt to challenging bikes. The best example in modern times is probably Casey. Look at it in reverse...how do you think MM would have done in the late 70's?

15. pickled egg

They’ll bring his frozen corpse back from the international space station. :Poke:

The Great One likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

Egg-Zactly! (no pun intended). Which is why, while he's obviously the best rider of this generation, he's not on my list of best riders of all time.

Cannoli likes this.
  17. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I don’t think MM could’ve beaten Stoner.

18. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Jesus that’d be great.

I see GP racing like any organic, evolving entity. Marc is simply the product of evolution. He’s the latest, and thus, the greatest.

I’d love to see Nicky make that podium though!

The Great One and nd4spd like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

For a one off? Throw a blanket over Marc, Mick and Casey. For the ship that year out of all of them I'd go with Mick.

If you sent Marc back in time to race at those time periods I think he'd mop up. He's good. Natural riding ability combined with work ethic, and technical understanding. Building blocks for a great racer.

The game changes. You can't plug and play over the years, as they're too many variables, and the #'s only tell some of the story.

tl1098, PPPope and nd4spd like this.
  20. pickled egg

I disagree.

MM isn’t renowned for his patience.

Impatience + snarling 500cc = short career.

cav115 and XFBO like this.