1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm actually looking at this, which appears to be similar spec to your parts list, with the exception of RAM of 8 vs 16.
    https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC...obile_desktop?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Not sure I'm up to building something....yet. My brother and brother in law have both done it a few times. Do you have to buy a copy of windows too? Or is Windows 10 free?

Thanks again.

2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I’m not up to speed on the Ryzen processors, but if you are patient and watch slickdeals i think you can do better. I saw this posted just a couple days ago and it seemed like a pretty solid deal.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13922921-s...&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=external+share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ryzen is catching up, but Intel is still the better choice for iRacing

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I buy windows for about $30 off on Kinguin.

Unless you custom order your PC from cyberpower or ibuypower, you are getting the bottom of the barrel components such as motherboard, power supply and cooler. I'm sure it will run iRacing on a single monitor just fine. It's difficult for me because I am a PC enthusiast...err...nerd, so my opinions on it will be very heavily biased.

The I5-9400F cannot be overclocked
    The ram is 2400mhz compared to the 3000mhz
    Power supply?
    Motherboard?
    Cheap CPU cooler VS Coolermax

My first iRacing PC was an ibuypower from Bestbuy. The only thing I could upgrade on it was the video card. The issue with the cyberpower build is even if you upgraded the video card, you will have a bottle neck with the CPU, so it wouldn't be worth it IMO.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Gino230, code3ryder and G Dawg like this.
  5. Gino230

So if I get hooked and I want to upgrade, I've wasted my money with the cheap cyberpower unit. So I guess a build is in order.

Dammit I was just trying to get up and running ASAP, you know, typical American..... Want it NOW Goddamit!

I'm going to start with your parts picker list- sent that to my Brother In Law, he's willing to help.

Appreciate all the input guys, hope to be smoking your ass on Iracing one of these days soon.

code3ryder likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll be the voice of reason here. Unless....and I mean really...unless you are looking to find every last spec of performance in a machine. Something that takes hours upon hours to adjust, test confirm and re-test then don't go off the deep end. Of this group I am likely the guy that has spent the least amount of time trying to squeeze another frame out of the machine. In fact up until recently I was still running some 8 year 1080p 60hz monitors. It is not neccessary to have a top flight multi thousand dollar machine to enjoy iRacing. Fact is you'll be upgrading any machien you buy at some point. Even if you have to compeltely replace it that old machine is not entirely useless. Decide what is important to you. Do you want to get started rainc as soon as possible? Then a pre-built ordered and delivered is the most direct route. Simple questions to answer that will guide the machine decision.

1 monitor, triple monitors or VR?

60 FPS or 400 FPS?

Do you like to tinker with the machine or spend your time racing?

600 dbl are and code3ryder like this.
  7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Nascar iRacing on FS1 right now. Homestead. Lol.

dtalbott likes this.
  8. Venom51

We are the futre. Stop resisting.

dtalbott likes this.
  9. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Is that something like the Borg? Good thing you aren't the future. :D

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's Sunday. Nothing is going to get shipped.
    Check You Tube for computer building. I'm not tech genius and I've built 4 of them.
    Copy that list and go to Amazon SMILE !!!!! And start your cart. I use Wikibuy to check for lower prices.
    It just depends on if you think you're going to stick with it.

11. Gino230

Starting with one monitor, would like the ability to upgrade to 3 or VR at some point, but not in the next few months.

NO, I don't want to tinker. I want to press the button and race.

As far as the frame rate, I don't know. I will tell you that I played the game 6 years ago on my Mac and I thought it was fine. I'm not trying to build a $10K rig, Hell, I'm not even sure how much I will use the thing.

The monitors I was looking at are 1080P and 144Hz.- This shit is literally greek to me-BTW!

12. Gino230

My Brother in law says I might want to consider another graphics card- would the card on this list handle 3 monitors at a decent frame rate?

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That was the best Nascar race I've seen in 20 years.

How do points work? Is thi part of the regular iRacing Nascar season or will it be a separate season or is it a one off?

That was awesome!

14. 600 dbl are

The two biggest upgrades on a PC is the graphics card and the CPU.

From iBuypower website. Customize ready to ship in 10-14 days. $1241
    Operating System :: Windows 10 Home - (64-bit)
    Case :: iBUYPOWER Element MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case
    Processor :: Intel® Core™ i5-9600KF Processor (6x 3.70GHz/9MB L3 Cache)
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive :: None
    Processor Cooling :: iBUYPOWER 120mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
    Memory :: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory Module - G.SKILL Ripjaws V
    Video Card :: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 6GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
    Motherboard :: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING 4S-IB -- 802.11ac WiFi, ARGB Header (1), USB 3.2 Gen 1 (4 Rear, 4 Front)
    Power Supply :: 650 Watt - High Power - 80 PLUS Gold
    Primary Hard Drive :: 240 GB WD Green SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 465MB/s - Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive :: 1 TB Hard Drive -- 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Same computer for DIY $939.58
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wsd9yk

15. 600 dbl are

I'm pretty sure they are one off races, no points tally for a season.

The official iRacing races has a point system over a 12 week period, and you are not racing the same people week after week.

16. 600 dbl are

On low settings probably.

Here's what is different with iRacing. iRacing is very CPU intense. The faster single core clock speed you can get the better and smoother the sim will run. This is why an Intel build still has the advantage over AMD. That is not saying an AMD build is bad, it's just a matter of how much eye candy you want to produce.

Gino230 and G Dawg like this.
  17. Venom51

That will happily run triples at 1080p with most everything on high detail at 6o FPS and probably close to 90 FPS on most tracks. The RTX2060 is comparable and slightly faster than my 1070 and I run triples with some of the eye candy turned down at 120 FPS.

600 dbl are likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

Kenny, what monitors did you buy?

19. Venom51

AOC C27G1's. 1080p 144hz monitors for $180 a piece.

600 dbl are likes this.
  20. Venom51