1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Hey @Gino230 , I just ordered a box at best buy, went and got curb side delivery and it's up and running! iBuyPower something or another with i7, 16gb RAM and an RTX2080 Super GPU. :) I don't have a driving rig yet, but I think in the interest in fairness, I should just get whatever you have. So what wheel / pedals are those? We can run laps at our MA tracks together! :)

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The band of merry retards welcomes you all to join us and do this poorly just like the rest of us.

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Logitech G92 I think? It's about 7 years old.

I am up and running with windows installed. I didn't realize I needed a wifi card / antenna thingy that plugs into the motherboard. So right now there are fucking wires going everywhere including over my lap. I'm headed to PC part picker to help figure out which wifi part to order.

Also the bobo assed copy of windows I ordered on eBay product key doesn't work. So I'm working on that, too. I'm hoping to be driving in a day or two!

4. Monsterdood

I found a Logitech in stock at BH Photo. They'll ship it Tuesday and I'll have it Wednesday. I think this qualifies as essential... [shrug]

Gino230 likes this.
  5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Dirtondirt on Facebook will be showing it free next week. Dirtondirt is virtually is the motoamerica+ of the dirt racing world.

They Schaeffer's oil is sponsoring this deal. It's going to be epic.

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

With all my free time I’m thinking of getting back into this, I was on all the time for a year but once my pedals malfunctioned I just quit completely because I knew upgrading was going to cost a bunch of money.

So what would be a good upgrade from the G29 without breaking the bank? I was thinking about the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals, they’re like $800 with the load cell brake but they’re out of the pedals. The next step up is the V2.5 wheelbase and V3 pedals for almost $1,500. Anyone ever used any of these or have an opinion?

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

And I hope you have high speed internet. iRacing does not like wireless .

9. Gino230

I'm up and racing. Well, driving, anyway. I have a hard time keeping the car on the track. :crackup: I'm starting out using the MX-5 cup car since that is probably the best to learn on and the closest to the pace I'm used to on the FZ-07.

I haven't even touched the setup stuff yet, Iracing is down for maintenance so I was on the test drive site or whatever that is- running at 200FPS says the little yellow number in the top right corner. This afternoon I need to raise my rig so the monitor is at the correct level, then I'll mess with the graphics settings and try a few new tracks. I'm just glad everything is working at this point!

stevedave, code3ryder and Monsterdood like this.
  10. Venom51

Sweet..

We have a league race tonight but I'll around tomorrow if you need some help.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's back up

12. Venom51

Link to tonight's broadcast is in the Youtube thread.

13. Gino230

Well, I got myself so I could do 10 or so incident free laps at Laguna in the Test function. Then I searched some races. Since the only one was Lime Rock for today, I tested there first, then entered practice, which was a mess because the track is new from the "legacy" version I had tested at. Not sure WTF is up with that but there's 2 new chicanes and new pavement.

Anyway, I got through practice ok, there's a lot of drivers that are worse than me, running off, spinning all over the place, etc. I missed qualifying, I guess you have to set your damn alarm for this shit.

I entered a race and I was doing ok, then my neighbor rang the doorbell to return my dog and I had to stop off track and tow back to the pits so I could go answer the door. :mad:

I got back in the race, but I was getting alot of blue flags, and what with watching my mirrors not wanting to fuck up anyone's race, I ran off track a few times, spun a few times. THE PRESSURE GOT TO ME!

Then I was finally disqualified when someone tried an ill advised pass and I ended up in the wall. So it was a disaster!

Since that was the last race for the day, I decided to do some time trialing, I did pretty good, but I'm not sure what defines an "incident free lap"....apparently out of the 25 or so that I turned, I never had a streak of incident free so my times got thrown out. I can only surmise this because I couldn't find any results for myself.

The good news is- Tomorrow is Laguna!

code3ryder likes this.
  14. Venom51

Incident free lap means just a lap without running off course, spinning or smashing into anything.

I recommend running the Skippy to get started.

Gino230 likes this.
  15. Monsterdood

So where’s the pic of the completed rig? Last I saw was a bunch of parts.

16. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

If you're planning on joining a race, you can load into the race room, rather than practice sessions, and it will notify you when the race is starting.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Gino230

IMG_0830.jpg

Monsterdood and code3ryder like this.
  18. Gino230

Sorry for the crummy pic. It's in a corner. I am ordering some longer cables and a monitor stand so I can have the monitor at the correct height, instead of having the rig under my desk and the monitor on top of that.

I did like 4 races today at Laguna, It's tough to stay incident free. I am getting hit constantly.

I can pretty much turn consistent laps within 1.5 sec of the race leaders and remain incident free, but when I try to slow down the car will spin easier and I have spun out on my own 3 times trying to take it easy!

One thing I did notice is that I make the same mistakes in the car that I make on the bike. Which means I have the same problem wether it is Iracing or real motorcycle racing. I don't use my eyes correctly or I don't use enough reference points to go fast consistently.

You have to take it seriously and focus if you want to finish a race incident free, let alone do well. I guess that's why they call it a simulator and not a game?

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Take advantage of being a Rookie.
    You don't lose IR and you need to complete 3 races before you can be promoted to D Class.
    So you don't need to win races right now. As you progress through the ranks, incidents count a lot more against you.
    Just work on being constant . I had a hard time learning to look through the corners without leaning off like on a bike.
    Take Kenny up on his offer to run some laps .

20. Gino230

@Venom51 How do we make that happen? I'll be home this weekend.....