1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The built Groms can run our other classes so no need for a Grom Superbike class. I did that with Broome as a one off.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What class(es) can a built grom run with WERA?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, at some point you're too slow and I won't let you ride up classes. The minis riding up are done on a case by case basis which is why they're not listed with the other bump ups.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Of course we all know this, but just posting up a link to the rulebook... it's not so clear. So which classes exactly could a SS or SB Grom run?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What displacement? Are you changing the entire engine out? What other modifications are being done?

The rules really are pretty clear, the modifications people are talking about with a generic statement like Grom SB are less so. So I refer you to the rulebook.

Superbike rules for us means the machine uses the stock engine/chassis. So for the 50 class it has to stay stock displacement but you can change out pretty much anything else and modify the frame if you like. For the 80 class you can go up to 150cc on displacement and that can be with an engine swap - ie Formula rules - along with any other modification you like, the only limit is the displacement. Then when you look at Clubman and the like it'll be displacement and case by case on being allowed.

Superbike/Formula definitions are in Chapter 9 numbers 5 & 6, just above the class descriptions.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

You must have overlooked the X grip phone holder.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

dtalbott likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Anyone have any tips of anything to look for when looking at a 250cc swapped Grom? I watched a couple of build videos to get some tips (rough idle if not tuned, etc.) but wasn't sure if there was other stuff I should be looking out for (hackey engine mount, etc.).

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Swapped by cutting the frame or with the Chimera kit?

I personally would not buy something that was swapped and ran without a tune (fuel management , aftermarket or flashed oem ecu etc.)

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless you know the builder I'd suggest well...everything.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bike for sale last summer. Probably no longer there.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Ooof! Never checked the post date lol.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The listing says he used the Chimera kit (third line from the bottom). Also says he's got some "Aracer" ECU deal going on.

https://lancaster.craigslist.org/snw/7056745266.html

There's an obvious fairing screw missing which is a little concerning but other than that I didn't see anything in the pics to worry me - would love feedback from anyone who sees something "bad".