1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So, the Ohlins shock I bought has a remote reservoir which is designed to be mounted to the clutch cover of a Grom engine. Unfortunately, the 300 engine bolt spacing is different so need to get the HO524 (piggyback) shock vs the HO611 (remote). The ABS brakes are also pissing me off to no end as I'd really like to upgrade the calipers/lines, so might just have to pickup some forks off of ebay or something.

Other than that, this thing is a fucking hoot. Throttle is still snatchy as all hell (should be fixed with the aracer and a tune), but this amount of power in a pocketbike is pretty damn fun :D

2. SuddenBraking

Just to update and ask a question - got the correct Ohlins shock mounted (upside down was the only way it'd fit). Also found a bit of a leak from the crankcase breather hose, so would love any suggestions for what to do to clean that up (if the first suggestion is "fill with the correct amount of oil", I'm planning on doing that when I do my first oil change when Amazon sees fit to deliver my shit). Anyhow, would love any options/recommendations of how to reduce oil seepage from a 2017 CB300F engine if they're out there.

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

neither of my 300’s seep. ‘17 Rebel and ‘19 300r
    I’d drain the oil, put in regular old dino oil and give it an Italian Tune-up

4. SuddenBraking

My fault - that was a line from a previous version that should've been edited out. Long story short, there's some "spittle" coming from the crankcase breather so I was curious if anyone had fitted some kind of a filter and/or breather cap to reduce and/or eliminate any oil coming out.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sooo the Monkey has surpassed the grom in “Cool Factor”

especially the blue. Which is what I have with the Akra Dual Exhaust setup.

that’s all.

suck it, Broome.

baconologist likes this.
  6. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

pics or bullshit

7. Robby-Bobby

5938E0A6-2C06-4FF3-AF57-8AD3E6825F8C.jpeg I rest my case, counselor

R1M370, Phl218, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I saw one parked on the street the other day. Still leaning toward Grom, but if I had enough money I'd get both

9. Robby-Bobby

We aren’t friends anymore.

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I have a guy telling me his grom makes almost 30hp. He is using a 4v head. Is this possible?

11. Robby-Bobby

every dyno reads differently but yes, there are Desmo 4 valve kits that take it over 200cc that put out serious power.

12. Robby-Bobby

13. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Senna and masshole like this.
  14. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

483FCD38-7066-4293-ABDC-963D064F6694.jpeg I finally got mine out for a good ride yesterday. What a blast!

15. MotoGP69

It’s also ready for pit duty. 7C189961-94A9-42D9-AABE-43DF95332510.jpeg

Phl218, TSAVO5150, masshole and 2 others like this.
  16. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Two questions. What seat is that? And what bracket?

17. MotoGP69

The seat is by Seat Concepts. It comes with a cover and foam for the original pan, and it’s super comfy.
    The rack is off Amazon and I built a makeshift bracket for the trailer out of a frame slider bracket and some radiator hose.

Attached Files:

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Anyone selling a black 17 or 18 non ABS Grom?

19. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

What trailer restraint is everyone using on Grom's with the Woodcraft axle sliders on. The Pitbull ones don't work.

Thanks,

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you've got some Pit Bull stuff already, call and talk to them, they might know what would work.