1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Alright, so we’re pretty much at the bottom of the barrel with comebacks now. So only pro athletes can be critical of the big game? Only GP riders can talk shit on Jorge. Only elected officials can have an opinion on the government? Only clergy can have an opinion on the church? Is that enough for you?

And for the record, even Wyatt Earp didn’t want to be a cop. He was just really good at it.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Said it before...you can spout all you want...but your opinion carries no weight since you've never been there and done that.

Ever served in ANY capacity? Or are you just a pistol packin' pussy?

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you really this butthurt over the bullet velocity thing? I don’t owe you any sort of resume. I know what the fuck I’m talking about. If you don’t like it, tough shit.

4. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

D, your confusion is justified. Give it some time. . .when the next shooting with a high(er) powered rifle happens and worries about restrictions start to rise, just come back in here and I’m sure there will be more than a few to tell you that the type of weapon (and projectile) doesn’t matter and your original statement was spot on.

And you know that if we were face to face, I'd have to bust your balls about this convo in relation to your chosen avatar pic. . .:D

5. StaccatoFan

I'm not butt hurt in the least. I owned that I went on mostly speculation.

You haven't owned that you're really not a qualified authority to second guess professionals that do a job you don't apparently have the balls to do.

Got an Honorable Discharge at home?
    Professional fire fighter?
    Volunteer Fireman?
    Ambulance Driver?
    School Crossing Guard?

Have you ever done anything or any job in your life that put you at risk of putting your life on the line in to save others? I have you ever sworn an oath as part of a position of authority that derives its position from Federal/State or local government that obligates you to be a Steward of the very way of life we enjoy and more often than not take for granted every day?

I mean if you're a veteran of a Seal Team, Ranger, former member of a SWAT Team, or something similar....then you're opinion definitely brings credibility.

But thus far, all your statements have no foundation.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    XFBO likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

Actually, the thought that came to mind when I was talking about handgun versus rifle point was President Reagan when Hinkley shot him. It wasn't a high power weapon, but that bullet hit him from relatively close range and bounced around inside him and did a hell of a lot of damage.

7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Believe me, I've seen the other side of the equation as well - I've head shot a warthog with a .300 win mag at 190m (the force of the impact was so strong, its rear legs came off the ground over it's head) after a several minute walk to get to it. . .it was still breathing.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t need to justify my statements to you. I will second guess EVERYTHING they do because next time they fuck up, me or someone I care about may be on the receiving end of their errant rounds.

It’s my right, my obligation, as a citizen of this nation, to question and be critical of EVERYTHING the government does, police included.

This sentiment is at the heart of my original statement regarding this whole fiasco. This idea you and a few others are projecting that police (and by proxy, government) are somehow better, that their lives are worth more, than the average citizen is VERY dangerous. They are public servants. They willingly accept the risk and sacrifice to protect and serve the people, not to hide behind them and recklessly endanger their lives. A good cop will tell you this. He’ll tell you that if it came down to it, he’d rather it be him taking that bullet than you.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

22lr doesn’t look like much, but it is still a high powered weapon. It’s about 500-600 FPS faster than the 9mm you brought up earlier, and just a little bit lighter than the 5.56 we were talking about.

The Reagan shooting was a ricochet though, so the bullet was going much slower than it would have if it had been a direct shot.

10. StaccatoFan

I never said they were better...I said their opinion is more credible.

You need remedial reading or need to stop making assumptions.

You're still not validating your position with any sort of credential that has merit. You have no credibility to criticize with any level of authority on the topic. See we're equal in that regard.

Nobody's life has more value than anyone else's. But those that are willing to every day be willing to step up and do the jobs nobody else wants to do to somehow support and defend the Consititution, which is the foundation that defines everything else we are, deserve our admiration and respect. Even an arrogant prick like you.

Because some day those people are going to be the people you need help from. Something's going to happen...car accident, heart attack, etc. Police are going to respond, EMT's, Fire dept. will be there to help you..even if they read all this shit you spout about them. They'll bite their lip and give you the assistance you need. And you'll still be a keyboard prick saying that the road was too bumpy to the hospital.

There are dirty cops out there..no doubt. I live near Baltimore..are you kidding me..but the majority are good people.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Trust me, we are not equal on any front. You’re a clueless old man and I know exactly what I’m talking about.

I don’t owe you or anyone else anything to be able to critique these stupid cops lighting up a couple of bad guys on a busy road and killing two innocent people in the process. They fucked up and even a blind man can see it.

You’re little attempt to discredit me, to say that I have to earn the right to have a valid opinion is a cancer spreading through our society. This nation was founded on the principle that every man has an equal voice. Police, government officials, soldiers, they are SERVANTS of the people. There is honor in their sacrifice, and I respect that. But in order to be honored, they have to sacrifice. Putting innocent bystanders in harms way in order to protect themselves is not sacrifice. It is not honorable. It’s counter to their duty and their oath, and they most certainly should be called out on it.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Huh? No one is disputing that lower powered or different projectiles still can not be fatal. Type of weapon? Um Ok. :crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

No doubt they fucked up. All that’s left is sorting out the details. They fucked up in mass proportions. All that training to only have them pray and spray.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why would you want a gun you could not shoot at any time it was necessary? A rifle offers pinpoint precision. I could shoot you in the eye at 100 yards with a rifle. I’d be lucky to hit even your big ass at 100 yards with a shotgun.

If a bad guy is using a hostage as a shield while shooting at you (or other people) you need to be able to return accurate fire. You can’t do that with a shotgun, ever.

Anyway, I didn’t see all that earlier. I came here to post this video because this is what the “I’d use a shotgun” nonsense reminded me of.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

These last few pages are really unbelievable. It’s like the Stupid World Series and it’s going to game 7.

scottn and TXFZ1 like this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This ... right here ... is why you deserve every single pile of shit ANYBODY on this forum tosses your way on ANYTHING you type. You are, unquestionably, the most arrogant asshole I’ve seen on this board in almost 2 decades. Clearly it’s everyone else here that’s the problem. It can’t possibly be your undeserved, insanely high opinion of yourself. Just amazing. We all know you truly believe it, but to see you actually have the balls to say it direct ... impressive.

XFBO likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Im not an arrogant person at all. I’m a confident person, because I know what I’m capable of and I know I’m not going to quit until I’m successful.

But I’m curious, what makes you think that the arrogance you perceive is underserved? You don’t know me. You don’t know anything about me. All you have is this misguided interpretation of an internet persona. For all you know I’m a teenager in his mom’s basement, or I’m a highly successful business mogul, or maybe a Russian bot.

And that brings another point to bear. What does my personality matter? It does not change the facts or opinions posted. That source bias is the biggest problem we have in here. You people make your minds up not based on the information provided, but on the person posting it.

And further, maybe you should try injecting a little confidence into yourself? What’s that saying, “if you believe you can or if you believe you can’t, you’re right”?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When you are the only person that doesn't perceive you as an arrogant know-it-all, you may want you reconsider what you perceive as confidence.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, if my entire circle of influence consisted of a handful of insecure dorks and trolls on an Internet forum, I’d be with you on that. Unfortunately for you, it doesn’t. This place comprises maybe 0.1% of my social interaction, so I think I’ll be okay.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hmmm...being called a troll by a troll. OK.