1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, I did say the same thing but you try to insert some sort of anti police bias into my statement and come to a different conclusion.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A loaded one.

StaccatoFan and TXFZ1 like this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you ever even shot a gun? So since you clearly have no fucking clue, a shotgun round contains multiple projectiles. Most police use 00 buck, which is nine large pellets, although some use #4. The moment those pellets leave the barrel, they start spreading into a wider and wider pattern. At 50ft the spread is about 18 inches. At 50 yards it’s over three feet. If you shoot ar a bad guy holding a hostage with a shotgun you will more than likely also hit the hostage.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You truly are amazing when you get your panties wadded. You seem to forget both of your posts are still here and cannot be deleted.

He said "I'd bet the driver was shot by the officers, something similar happened here several years ago. "

You said "Everyone that died did so by police bullets."

His clearly states his comment is a guess and an opinion, he then went on to clarify it is based not on facts of this situation but on his knowledge of similar situations. That is how wording an opinion goes - he also never insisted his opinion is the only way things could have happened.

You on the other hand made a declarative statement. Not remotely the same. You then went to back up your statement of "fact" with "It’s the premise of the entire conversation AND the source of the public’s outcry over the incident." Neither of which has anything to do with facts or even past events and everything to do with your personal feelings as well as the feelings of people too stupid to wait for facts before reacting.

See, not remotely the same thing. Freaky shit huh?

Newsshooter likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Watch the video yourself and figure it out genius. It’s not my fault your shitty server make me have to shrink the photos.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I have, even own a 12 gauge currently loaded with slugs and buckshot. I've shot it at multiple distances to have an idea of the spread of a 3" round of double ought. How about you?

Who says you pull the trigger if the hostage is right next to the bad guy? I sure didn't. Who says you pull the trigger if the hostage hasn't been shot by the bad guys? I sure didn't. I never said lots of things you seem to be assuming were typed out. Just like your words, I don't delete mine, go ahead and find where I said you should fire a shotgun loaded with double ought at a bad guy when the hostage would be hit too. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

So again, what does the hostage have to do with the choice of a rifle over a shotgun? It has everything to do with pulling the trigger on whatever you choose, that is a given, but come on, defend your idiocy once more :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Awwwww....snookums is unhappy posting here. :(

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Demand a refund.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Same thing in different words. Difference is you like to pick at me.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, not remotely the same thing. One is clearly opinion one a a declaration of fact. Dude, do you truly not understand that basic of a difference?

And yeah, when you are so insistent that your biased opinion is always correct and you brag about how much smarter you are than everyone else you're going to get picked at. Especially when you post things that are just so wrong they stand out among all the shit on here :crackup:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not accurate. A shot gun shell can either contain multiple projectiles or it can contain a single projectile.

And discussing spread patterns is silly and useless and certainly is not universal between different barrel lengths, different ammo, load size etc.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I did find his response funny because we were talking about the distance from the cop(s) shown to the UPS truck - which isn't remotely 50 yards. Same as usual though, go off the rails to try and prove how right he was - and fail miserably :D

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Not good enough! I demand reparations!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Mongo, I'm not even reading any of that on the last couple of pages, I just want to know that you're not defending those cowboys. Please, tell me you're not. :crackup:

R1Racer99 and SuddenBraking like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Get back on the boat then. :moon: :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did you just assume their genders? :Poke:

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don’t speak in wishy washy, non confrontational terms. I’m an extreme type-A personality. I read the situation, make a determination based on a combination of facts, experience, and sound logic, then make a declarative statement. And I’m usually right.

If this hurts your wittle feelwings, Sorry, not sorry.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I am paraphrasing here because Mongo would never type out these words, but I believe he is implying that it would not be in the interest of justice to convict the police based on 10 seconds of video shot from a single angle.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I came on an airplane. I was a privileged refugee. None of that excuses Mongo, and the board as a whole, from subjecting me to systemic abuse. Show me the money!

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No. You’re not.