1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Exactly...it`s in plain sight, yet no one speaks up and says it.

Isn`t their war cry "nobody is above the law"?

And yes, that`s rhetorical.:D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

cav115 likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well I guess he could always have done it in the shadows via the FBI you know like what the half white Jesus from Illinois did.

spcassell and Spang308 like this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The hypocrisy is nearly unfathomable...

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually treason has a VERY narrowly defined definition in the Constitution for good historical reasons. A more appropriate charge would be espionage and yes I think there is enough there to try the Lt Col. as he was intentionally undermining the foreign policy (set by the president not some organization) of the United States of America. Convictable? I don't know but there is more reason to hold that than the farce of an impeachment inquiry that is happening now. And ltcol would have due process unlike is occurring now.

7. sheepofblue

So as POTUS you are responsible for law enforcement agencies but not if the person under investigation is a Democrat party candidate (remember O did an investigation of Trump) Further there is a treaty for them to cooperate with our law enforcement, should he not follow treaties? Should he not investigate the chance of crimes committed in 2016? He never asked for a outcome just that they cooperate with our justice department as specified in out treaty with them.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it was an Investigation of his "main rival" but more of the corruption of the last administration and their minions.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Why not just open a public investigation and then ask Ukraine for evidence that they might have? Why be secret about it at all?

The hyporcisy in this thread is definitely unfathomable.

What if he believed that policy to be illegal? Also, charging the Lt. Col. with a crime has a different set of rules and rights than an impeachment process, right? So saying "due process" isn't really correct and simply trying to compare two different things because you don't agree with one of them.

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Impeachment inquiry.

What are the differences?

11. code3ryder

If Biden wasn't running for Pres, do you think Trump would have mentioned his name or any of this would have happened?

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

tenor (3).gif
    Dudes eyes :crackup:

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would say there is at least a 50/50 chance considering the unrelenting smears against him and his family.

14. Spang308

You mean like when the Ukrainian prosecutor wanted to bring evidence of election interference to the FBI and U.S. diplomat to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch denied his and his teams Visas?
    Like that?

tl1098, spcassell and Banditracer like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ohh...I think we are on the same page. I think anything that is not dealing with national security and or military action should be done entirely in front of the public. Having said that he has ben far more transparent than those in the past. Ignore the tax record nonsense because that is exactly what it is unless they want to amend the requirements to run for president or any public office to specifically require it. I don't care that those in that past did it voluntarily.

He immediately released the entire transcript. Everyone that has been involved has said that transcript is correct. If he is trying to hide something he is doing a piss poor job of it.

Spang308 likes this.
  16. Spang308

Quit making this about Biden. Trump wants to know who and why Ukraine messed with the 2016 election and where 8 billion dollars of missing foreign aide went. He doesn't give a flying fuck about Biden.

17. sheepofblue

Because criminal investigations are typically conducted out of the public eye. Why should this one be different if conducted by the FBI?
    If he thought it illegal he should openly refuse to do it. But let's use that excuse for a second....
    If he thought it was illegal can he replace it with what should be done in his opinion? NO
    Was he asked by the committee if he thought it was illegal? Yes he answered no.

As to impeachment vs regular trial.... process is different as it is for the president but due process is a basic right and not stated as exempt during impeachment. Further ALL previous impeachments the accused was given due process including the non-presidential and presidential events.

But I know burn the witch....<insert Monty Python video here>

18. code3ryder

What "due process" hasn't been afforded to Trump? Has he been denied the option to testify?

Yet Biden's name is the only one I saw in the transcipt.

That's part of what makes this funny. To see what y'all want to see. If this isn't about Biden, then why is Hunter Biden mentioned at all. What did Hunter Biden have to do with the election or any missing money?

19. LarryP

LarryP Banned

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just like him being a racist. They can't actually come up with anything he's doing that's racist. He's doing a lousy job at that too. :crackup: