1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

That happened last year when 99 moved in :D

motoracer1100 and tl1098 like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh good for AM. It’s not like anyone else is willing to race MM hard anyway.
    Miller couldn’t get out of MM way fast enough in several of this years races as it was.
    Who else is anymore deserving anyway? Miller? Petrucci? Zarco? Baby Asparagus? :crackup:

Senna likes this.
  3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

He would never make it back to Motogp if he does.

4. vizsladog

And he punted his teammate to the moon to get it. On the last corner of the last race.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. vizsladog

Im the Biggest Rossi Faboy, but MM will destroy every record he has. Rossi will still be called the goat, but MM will be dominant for years to come. If he hadnt of crashed out at Texas he would have finished no lower than 2nd all year.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, winning a world championship can buy you that extra time. See Luthi. Or Hayden, for that matter. Remind me what year Vierge won his again?

BigBird and vizsladog like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

If he had won all of his races, he would have finished no lower than 1st all year. :D

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Reading this thread has just turned me into an Alex Marquez fan.

Shocker, wac, Quicktoy and 1 other person like this.
  9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lmfao at some of y’all.....

first of all, factory HRC isn’t any better than Factory Yamaha. And I’d argue that a factory ducati whether team or satellite is a better bike than the Honda.

as far as outright perks and paychecks, Factory Ducati is fat and above the best.

bikewise, the Honda is tied for third as the overall best bike in the grid.

only MM can consistently go fast on it.

but yea, y’all keep crying that a 2 time world champion got the ride over zarco! Lololol

Phl218, rcarson15, DDK732 and 5 others like this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, they're both two times champions....

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Eh, Crutchlow is fast on it as well. Unless he crashes but he's still fast right up until he isn't. :D

But yeah, Marc makes that bike look much better than it is.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Of course, Yamaha declaring Alex as PNG also cut down somewhat the teams he could race for....

Did KTM approach AM when Zarco flew out of the nest? What was the outcome if they did? Can't recall...

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Petronas is pretty much the exception in terms of money and garage talent, not the rule.

14. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

15. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

it is interesting hearing what other riders think of this(and all the other rumors and what not). Bagnia(sp) was the moto2 champ and didn’t look so hot this year. Q didn’t finish in the top three last year, and won rookie of the year. The only way to find out will be in 2020. Should be a fun first few races.

CR750 and BigBird like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Q was tenth in 2018. He stepped up big. I figure Alex will do ok, not great. Probably finish 7-8th (higher than Binder for sure).

17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

here's the thing about all that...

1) you're joking right?

upload_2019-11-18_21-30-4.png

and 2) Rider or not, fact remains... a. the Honda out gases the Yamaha easily at every circuit on every straight, so if he's next to somebody else coming out of the last turn, he's winning unless the line is real close to turn exit and not halfway down the straight, and its always a catch up game in the turns for the Yam rider. and b. the Yamaha is not great on tires that its riders gain any advantage there over the Honda thru pace and racecraft at all as we've been seeing with the Suzuki all year.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Three Ducati's, three Yamaha's and a Suzuki would like to talk to you :p

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Which part was confusing exactly? The 10kph all the yamahas were always down on the honda at every single straight trap speed the entire season? Or the fact that that in 90% of all the battles between marquez and quat, he would stick with him close enough to draft him on the straight and breeze past for an easy pass in T1? Check the distance from the final apex to the line on the one time marquez got beat out by a dick hair which essentially took a combo of perfect drive and not enough distance for marc. I guess you can petition dorna to move all the finish lines closer to the turn at every track so you can be right more.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Snap shot in time 4 seasons ago.
    What rider got the most recent Repsol HRC seat?
    I just want to make sure I’m understanding things correctly. :D

BigBird likes this.