1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Looks like KTM brought a bike. Pol is a second faster already than he went in the race with similar track conditions. Would love to see him and Binder up front dicing this year.

Phl218, ducnut, jksoft and 1 other person like this.
  2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And yet, 3 different manufacturers occupied by 7 riders finished the season in front of the next placed Honda behind Marquez. Marquez is winning because of Marquez. I'm sorry that fact hurts your feelings. Perhaps you can take it up with Dorna to cap his RPMs?

ducnut likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i don't care that he's winning. i like him. his brother doesn't deserve the seat next to him. whataboutism it all you want like the miserable bunch of old coots you guys are. makes no difference to me. its the best rider on the best bike, and alex doesn't deserve to ride it.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Steel tubes looking changed to steel beams.. next thing you know itll be aluminum and magically resemble the tried and true frames :D

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

They had some good qualifying sessions too, ending up in the first row, but they weren't built for the entire race.

I believe reading that there will be no Valencia tests next year as a cost saving measure, aka need to save money when VR46 retires

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Gardner and someone else I forget. Not Marquez.

Not sure what your point is. He was still better off going there than going to any factory team.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Deserved rides and smart moves, developmentally, can be considered one. The brothers Marquez are going to be brutally honest with each other which, in HRC’s eyes, is good for all of their bikes. What other teammate could you find that’s going to help the number one rider plow towards the front every day of every week of the year?

An all-Spanish team, with a Spanish title sponsor with riders that speak the same Spanish vernacular? The Bro Marquez move is where the smart money’s at, pending Alex’ ability to understand the bike which goes back to my day-in, day-our 365 comment. You won’t find that feedback mechanism anywhere that blood isn’t involved.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to wonder how pissed Puig is about the riders choice. No influence on them other than as a team manager and no percentage of their pay packet coming his way.

Puig is getting upset!

stk0308, Sweatypants and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Fuck Puig. Never liked him.

stk0308, Sweatypants and BigBird like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Sweatypants likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

MM on AM coming to REPSOL:

(Motorsport-Total.com) - MotoGP champ Marc Marquez has commented on the new situation in the Honda box after brother Alex Marquez's sensational deal.
    The commitment of the Moto2 World Champion was born out of necessity, because Jorge Lorenzo surprised HRC with his resignation. As part of the season finale, the negotiations took place, out of which Marc Marquez.
    "I'm happy for him and I'm proud. But he will be another opponent for me, "says Marc Marquez in an interview with 'MotoGP.com'. "It will not be easy. Many drivers are afraid to switch to the HRC box because they know they are compared to their teammates. "
    "I did not put pressure," Marc Marquez clarifies. "I did not pressure Honda or my brother. He had to decide. He wanted to do it and I respect that. But the pressure will be there because there will be comparisons with the teammate. "
    "I hope he can handle the pressure. He will have a lot of pressure. He must be aware that this is his first season, "Marc Marquez tries to reassure his younger brother. But the world champion knows: "The Honda is the most difficult motorcycle for a rookie."
    "A Suzuki or Yamaha is easier because the engine behaves differently," notes Marc Marquez. "I'll try to give him some advice. But you are alone when driving. "
    Some experts fear Alex Marquez's engagement could be a distraction for MotoGP champion Marc Marquez. "My goal remains unchanged. I want to try to win the championship. For that, I have to concentrate fully on my side of the box ", commented the start number 93.
    "On the one hand it is a dream for our family. But honestly, I would have preferred to see my brother in a different team, "admits Marquez. "You asked me if it's okay with me. I meant that it is not a problem. I would not want to stop my brother driving here. "

BigBird likes this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm one of three brothers who raced together. Here is an email I got from one of my brothers this morning.

"Honda are taking a bit of a chance next season with two brothers in the same team. They should have consulted us about the pitfalls in that plan."

14. 600 dbl are

There's a long and storied history of riders getting GP rides that they did not earn. Boo fucking hoo. You're the one crying about it yet I am a miserable old coot? Too funny.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm not exactly sure how a two-time world champ hasn't earned a solid ride. Circumstances here are a little unique coming so late in the signing game.
    HRC can (and does) whatever the fuck they want with their team.

BigBird likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

That is the PERFECT response.

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Again, rational thinking has no place in here. This is the time for emotion! :D

18. 600 dbl are

Come one now, this is the beeb, there is an excuse for everything :D

Edit: Damnit Papa

19. 600 dbl are

It is, but I'm holding out for the young, low cornering, prominent university people to tell me if it's believable or not ;)

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

because it is what it is. i don't understand all the fuzz.

the best team hired the moto2 champ after finding out their 2nd tier rider quit. coincidentally he's Marc's brother, but they probably look at it from a competitive aspect (and maybe a bit marketing) , but they also saw what FQ did this year. ... so pretty logical in my opinion.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.