1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almond milk yoghurt alternative

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Don't sell yourself short. You were plenty dumb before now.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Pure sugar. I used to be the same. Now I’m down 30 lbs. people are brainwashed to drink it. All in the marketing. Not that good for you.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As if.:D

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

A gallon of milk , ( 2% is what I buy ) will last me Two days if i’m Lucky . I don’t buy it for perceived health reason or because i’m
    “ Brainwashed “ . I buy and consume it because I like it . Crazy ... I know

scottn likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This ^^^ :stupid:

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

My wife got me drinking 2% after I was no longer dairy farming cause supposedly fat was bad. Told her I wouldn't go any lower cause it was like water. A few years ago after realizing the whole fat is bad is a government / sugar industry scam we've gone back to whole milk. Fat equals flavor . Stay away from sugar instead.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That's not milk. That's water with some flavoring

8. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Unless you have high cholesterol. I love whole milk but my cholesterol goes way too high.

9. motoracer1100

Whole Milk is too thick for me , it leaves “hockers” ( for lack of a better term) in the back of my throat . That’s why I drink two percent .
    And I don’t use much added Sugar on anything ... Except Pie ... I love pies . And i’m Willing to bet I eat more pie than Mongo.
    So to recap : 3 gallons or so of milk and one to two pies a week ...,

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Milk only belongs in cake and ice cream, and half/half for my coffee.

Otherwise milk is an inflammatory, and produces tons of phlegm, because well... your body hates it ;)

Phl218 likes this.
  11. motoracer1100

Cake ... only belongs in the Garbage . Pie Rules .
    And I hate Coffee also . Cancer in a cup :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Why in the garbage, Pie and cake can co-exist...in my stomach :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

Cake and pie can coexist in your belly cuz you have Cancer from drinking all that coffee . :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:mad:

:crackup:

15. motoracer1100

:crackup::crackup:

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I used to drink a gallon every two days too, then one day just couldn’t anymore without near constant bloating. I’ll have some every now and then with cookies or something but it’s nowhere near the staple it used to be.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I like s.o.d. milk.

zrx12man and pickled egg like this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m saying the sugar content is no different than drinking a Gatorade after your body processes it. I love candy but have to stay away cause it’s just as bad for me.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Alternative = Beer

/thread

scottn, 969, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  20. It isn’t “pure sugar”. The one I drink has 6g of sugar per cup. People get ALOT more than that from fruit, their coffee, tea, and all the other shit they eat.

That same cup also has 13g of protein, Vit-A, Vit-D, and 40% of the daily requirement for Calcium.

I’m not going to go as far as to say “we NEED milk”, because there are plenty of other ways to get nutrients and protein. But for someone to try to push it as “bad” is a stretch.

It isn’t about being brainwashed. I am fully aware of what goes in my body, and besides that...I like milk. It tastes good, had good protein, and makes for great smoothies.