1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almond milk yoghurt alternative

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Still don't know how to milk nuts, but canned cheese aerosol makes reef fish happy

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

On the farm. Straight out of the tank. It just doesn’t get any better.

3. FTFY. :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Now your making me think? Not good, I'll make another rum drink on an 18 million dollar boat and not sleep as usual thinking of what I can do better

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

almond milk is just almost-water that fools me into thinking it is milk, so that cereal doesnt taste like im eating it with water. have u had cereal with water? it's terrible.

I lost my ability to consume as much milk as I want with 0 consequences almost 2 decades ago.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Almond milk doesn't exist because there is no such thing as an almond tit now is there.

7. Captain Morgan

I have been in vietnam and seen the locals get coconut milk/cream/ water with a donkey spinning around a tree. Don't understand as a chef or someone with common sense, you must be milking a lot of almonds

8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

that's the cool thing about food labels - most of the words dont mean anything.

TurboBlew and Gino230 like this.
  9. Did you get to play with the donkey?

scottn and Phl218 like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Naw man, that’s in Tijuana. :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wait...isn't yogurt a milk product?

Phl218 likes this.
  12. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep..and ice cream. And that's some yummy shit!

In fact I'm going to have a couple scoops of some right now...couple scoops of Breyer's chocolate ice cream with Reese's cups in it..
    %35 more according to the container...and it's swimming in Hershey's special dark chocolate syrup.

upload_2019-10-28_23-20-14.jpeg

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

From what I understand its water and almonds thrown into a blender and pulverized then strained through something like cheesecloth to filter out all the solids from the ground up nuts.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve had almond (and cashew-) milk that was way better than the 0%,1% and some of the 2% watered down hormone and antibiotics laced shit that is sold as milk here.

but whole, cream on top, milk - nothing can beat that. (Aside from fresh off the cow, which takes some getting used to)
    When I was a kid we walked to the farm next to our neighborhood every night and bought a liter straight from there...

MikeR and BigBird like this.
  15. Captain Morgan

My friends from the donkey rescue in Antigua FB_IMG_1572320384045.jpg FB_IMG_1572320352169.jpg

TurboBlew, Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Captain Morgan

So with that theory, can I throw anything in a blender and call it milk. Caught a nice tuna last week. Tuna milk sounds healthier than regular old cows milk

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

These days pretty much, I seen at various grocery stores...

almond milk
    cashew milk
    pea milk
    macadamia milk
    oat milk
    rice milk
    coconut milk
    soy milk
    hemp milk
    quinoa milk

Yeah.....I know.

18. Captain Morgan

And once again why I'm out., common sense has left the building.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Why is that, Einstein? You think maybe it’s because humans are the only species who learned how to get milk from another animal?

Yeah we figured that out, along with medicine, space travel, and the goddamned internet. Odd species indeed.

If you think it’s some anomaly, do me a favor, put a bowl of milk in front of any other animal and tell me what happens.

Fucking hell. I’m dumber now. Thanks.

kangasj and scottn like this.
  20. Captain Morgan

The flip side, like you because your nuts. Maybee dumber than a bag of rocks. First Denny's breakfast is on me