1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Stickboy has the same bike.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can depending on his health issues as well as other things he has/had scheduled. Now if he was already at the track and they wanted to talk there, that would be bad.

3. No doubt. Heck if you have the money you might as well set your kid up to be successful. Not faulting him for that at all.

pscook and G 97 like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same. Crawdaddy was cool.

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jamie is way freakin' cooler in person.

and even if you don't understand 1/2 of what he says the other half will leave you laughing. and you will also leave talking just a bit like him as well. :D Great guy who corners low.

My kid's first name came from Lawson. Another good dude.

DDK732 likes this.
  6. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

My shop teacher in high school was a racing fan. He asked me if I knew who the fastest racer from Louisiana was and my immediate response was “Jamie James!” He looked at me weird and said “ummm no! Freddie Spencer!” Oh yeah, that guy was pretty good too! Hahahahaha

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You named your first kid Eddie? That's mean!!!

Jamie is one of the funniest and coolest fast guys I know. I crashed in front of him during one of the 24 hr of Nelsons and he ran off the track to avoid hitting me while I was laying in the middle of the track. Later he came around and found me to see how I was doing and I think he said he recognized my pink and grey leathers so he avoided me. I wonder if he hadn't known me if he would have just run me over? I gave him a beer and thanked him for not hitting me.

The end

Wheeliest and Gino230 like this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey hey hey... TAKE IT BACK!!!

9. simmoto

simmoto Member

A local dealer was trying to sell a Jamie James replica forever. Hell, they might still have it. Doubt too many people down here even know of him.

IJZOJYBZY7F4GCFLKF7NIO5AAQ.jpg

418 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thing Jamie and a buddy were actually building those rather than just some stickers.

stk0308 likes this.
  11. You know Freddie was fast, he will tell you. Too bad he wasn’t fast at looking at his bank account or he’d have noticed all the money his ex wife took.

12. I believe you are correct, they had some decent parts IIRC.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah. Go get ‘em Eddie!

[​IMG]

fastedyamaha and cpettit like this.
  14. You cannot understand him but always seemed to be smiling.

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I think he was a two time world champion (At least? More? From memory). I don't understand the purpose of bringing up issues he experienced in his personal life.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I think he and his old mechanic Doug Crawford were building them at their shop in NC. They were crazy expensive for that time period, around $20k I think. I think Jamie moved back down here to the swamp somewhere a few years ago.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, he left NC.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sadly, there were issues that prevented him from even greater success. Well beyond a spouse.

I hated him as a TV person cause he always said "Yaou-maw" instead of Yamaha. :--)

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

3 time. Last person to win 2 world road racing championships(250 and 500) in the same year.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="
    I hated him as a TV person cause he always said "Yaou-maw" instead of Yamaha. :--)[/QUOTE]

Does Pridmore annoy you too when he says "YAMM-a-haw"?

turbulence likes this.