1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ben Spies.....soothsayer?

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

If the team was losing factory support Ben would have been right.

The Great One and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

If you stop and think about this, it's a good thing. Yoshimira wasn't Fielding a supersport or twins rider.

Team hammer will now run Suzuki from top to "bottom".

badmoon692008 and ducnut like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Will it be a good thing though?

Team Hammer was running Jake in Superbike, Fong and SDK in SSP, as well as a few twins and stock class riders. Will there be room for all of that plus what I would have envisioned Elias and Herrin's previous seats? I'm guessing they aren't planning on running 3 SBK riders, I would imagine its going to be a max of 2 SBK seats. Which means we went from 3 Suzuki SBK riders in 2019 to likely 2 in 2020. Just speculating of course.

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

:crackup:I can’t believe people think less teams is a good thing. I’m glad JU and company got the contract. They don’t come anymore professional than that but no way one less team is a positive by any stretch for the series.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Herrin just mentioned on his IG just a little while ago that he has no 2020 SBK plans thus far.

Circacee likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There really is no good way to spin the winningest Superbike team in US racing closing their doors. I mean come on. I guess the story will eventually come out since right now it's a bunch of nothing being said about what went down. Fuck man.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Damn that avatar is good.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

is that your cute butt, Aaron?

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Not to mention at a time when the US economy is at its strongest ever.

I'm sorry for your loss Toe (seriously). Through my folks I've met many Yosh people, including Pops himself.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well I do kinda like JU and Chris so I'm kinda excited for that not gonna lie.

ducnut, Circacee and jd41 like this.
  12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

HaHa. Not this time!
    Pic I took at the beach of the wifey.

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

What’s the chances they’d field 2 Superbikes, 2 Supersports, 2 SuperStock 1000’s and the Twins Set up. That’s 8 bikes. Could I be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. By the sounds of it it may actually add a bike or two to the grid or at least neg even. No it’s not a good thing when any team loses anything but it’s also more cost effective for one team to run more riders / bikes than a single team just running two. It’s not a 1:1 relationship cost wise adding a bike. Guess we will see and a lot will depend on what they get from the factory. I have no doubt with some more budget and parts the bikes will be plenty fast. Also wouldn’t shock me to see more than a few crew members from yosh with team hammer shirts on next year.

ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Well, if Yosh actually got the news from a presser, hopefully they are pissed and decide to run another brand.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Graves shows back up on the grid.

Circacee and Senna like this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Where does it say that Yosh is closing its doors? The only thing apparent is that Yosh is not the official factory team. They have not announced that they won't be on the grid next year. Nothing is preventing them from fielding a team, they could even run Suzukis if they wanted to.
    Is Graves going to put a bike or two on the grid?
    What other new teams will show up since there are some competitive riders available?
    Maybe Yosh can pull in a new sponsor. It isn't like they don't have some experience with outside companies, Makita?

What a bunch of Eyors. Get over it and look forward to who will show up.
    Racers race applies to teams, too.

pscook likes this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

They won’t go it alone. No Suzuki backing. No Yosh racing.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

DucatiBomber and Fonda Dix like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Gonna tell JU how to run his team, too? Apparently you have all of the inside info and are atuned to all of the Yosh business plans and decision making processes.
    Or were you just making idle speculation?

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Huh? Over react much?

You do realize that your prior post is also nothing but idle speculation. Oh the irony.
    The fact is Yosh will not go racing without support. Sorry to hurt your feelings.