1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ben. Again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don't forget the Pat Clarke Yamaha team . :D

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Toni still has a year left on his contract with Yoshimura/Suzuki. If they fold up, does that mean he's going to Japan, EWC or BSB to finish off that year under the Suzuki contract?

I doubt Cam or Garrett would stick around and ride for free for Attack, so does that mean Yamaha corporate is going to cut them a salary to race on the Attack bikes?

With reports of Garrett running around the WSBK paddock this weekend, it looks like he is trying to go overseas.

ajcjr likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

The first time I heard it was at the Fontana round. Yates bike didn't do it but the next round it did.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Meh. I still like Ben more than I like 97% of you jokers. Despite him being a traitorous turn coat.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  5. Hey Bostrom, I'll pay for your ride if you hang with my son :) That's what you call f off money.

track wagon and G 97 like this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

How closely does that line up with SBK championships for Yamaha?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

If they are under contract it probably wouldn't matter. In any event it's still in Yamahas best interest to give them the support they need etc. So...............

8. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Suzuki couldn’t offer him a wsbk or motogp ride so he did what he had to do, BNG be damned :crackup:

9. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Wayne skipping out on a meeting. He's one of the most approachable idols ever. I know he makes the rounds to the manufactures frequently.

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Wayne is a good guy. The point was, the sponsor wanted to hear from the horse's mouth what the hell was happening with the series. Not from a marketing guy. Meeting never happened because of it.

Wheeliest likes this.
  11. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Yamaha broke it off with Graves for 2019. Yamaha has been increasing their involvement in WSBK since 2016.

I dont think either of them have a contract for 2020.

itll be cool if one of them goes to WSBK

G 97 likes this.
  12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You sure Yamaha wasn't running the American SBK program before that? What year did that start?

13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Yamaha was def running their factory program in AMA and MA before 2019. my previous post outlines what I think was going on. I dont know when that started. 2019 is just went they took on 100% of it.

14. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The Yamaha SBK team was completely separate from the Graves 600 team. I don't believe any other team has run Yamaha's SBK effort since Vance and Hines.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That is correct. Funny you mention V&H because I was literally talking to Terry Vance about that in person like 3 days ago.

DDK732 likes this.
  16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I loved their color scheme back in the day. It would make @Gorilla George eyeballs melt if he was around back in the day :crackup:

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

First poster I ever had on my wall as a kid. My brother had it autographed and gave it to me when I was 8 or 9. winning-streak-terry-vance-suzuki_1_2f5aac44f1f4d3c3971ba1f5e815f08d.jpg

TurboBlew and turner38 like this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Chris became a good racer.

GarrettRick and 5axis like this.
  19. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I was a Jamie James fan as a kid and I was at the Daytona 200 when Lawson won on their bike. I always loved the 0W01s in the V&H livery. Some good childhood memories.

Gino230 likes this.
  20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I have one of the 600 replicas in my garage. image000000_47.jpg