1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

... what situation ??? There was plenty of f-in room for Steven, everyone had a great fukin time ... Should Bob have moved a small 3-rail trailer? i suspect not, but IMO this is a bit of an over reaction. And people calling for vandalizing the offenders rig? holy shit...

I had a chance to hang out a lot with Steve over the weekend. Pretty cool cat, riding the wheels of a really old bike. He explained how he doesn't use tire warmers, and has done 37's on that old bike at Barber. Impressive stuff, got some cool history about the old days at Texas motor speedway and how bumpy it was.. and nearly laughed out loud when he called for one of the $75 off coupons for Chickenhawk tire warmers in the riders meeting (had to say that Steven ;) )

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Rising Sun and TurboBlew like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yet you defended a thief with everything you could muster up? Hmmmmm

Mot Okstef likes this.
  3. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Currently Lost

:stupid:

Defending the guilty. Shaming the innocent. :rolleyes:

fastedyamaha likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

thief.. so YOU say.. my opinion was 2 parties that both could have done a lot of stuff different. #LETITGO ! !

5. Mot Okstef

The situation that somebody moved his shit which they had ZERO business touching when he was already there and setup. Did you not read the part about him planning ahead and getting there early to secure a spot for the needs of his wife and newborn child, in addition to their friends who came with them that also had a young infant?

Go out and ride some dirtbikes Assclown! :rolleyes:

fastedyamaha likes this.
  6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Actually a court of law said he was a thief but I digress...

Mot Okstef likes this.
  7. MELK-MAN

and just to give everyone some reference.. this is photo i happened to have. Steven's silver suv first in view just off in the distance. Lots of room toward my pit area for his bike and 10x10 ezup.
    Bob's truck and toyhauler are just on the other side of Steven's suv. Bob was crammed in if anything next to Chuck Ivy's rig and couldn't even extend his awning. Steven had plenty of room, but yes, i understand ya DO NOT MOVE OTHER PEOPLES SHIT..
    but let's just calm the tits on calling for vandalizing Bob's rig.

[​IMG]

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I came back to my paddock area one time to find some douche bag setting up his space next to mine with his bike leaned up against my trailer. The end of his clip on actually put a small dimple in the aluminum siding. He was more upset at me for taking issue then I was with him. Unbelievable. People can be real jackasses at times. But you never ever mess with someone else area.

9. MELK-MAN

lighten up francis... and fine words coming from a guy who has nothing better to do that berate a racer competing in moto America. You know, actually gridding up and doing something with their life, not being a miserable fuck on an internet forum.
    I GET you don't move someoene's stuff. I give on that, but the calling for vandalism ? Waiting for you to condemn that... or is that ok ...

Bloodhound likes this.
  10. Mot Okstef

Colorblind much? The SUV is white, the truck is silver. So Bob crammed his toyhauler in so close to ANOTHER racer that he couldn't even open his awning AND moves another racer's shit?

So you expect a racer who had the foresight to show up early enough to secure a spot, to just accept the fact that some privileged douche felt like he could park there because he WANTED that spot? :rolleyes: He should have kept driving and found another spot.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've never understood people's entitlement to parking on the lower level, especially when showing up late. And they would rather cram on top of others vs parking on the 3rd or 4th tier.
    Other tracks I can understand, but barber has bathrooms and the pa works awesome...

12. MELK-MAN

wera parking was limited. some levels reserved for the vintage guys. We were not even allowed to park on the left side of the 2nd level.
    not making excuses, just saying how it was..

13. MELK-MAN

yea.. whatever. Glad this kind of thing is what you live for. Keep fighting the good fight.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Understood for this time. That's obviously different than in the past.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. Mot Okstef

Hold on. I think I have to sneeze. <Babuska!>

:crackup:

speedluvn and SpeedWerks Racing like this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah reserving spots...LMAO... I have been laughing at that shit for years.. especially when Power is involved. AHRMA is notorious for this at Talladega..I’m not gonna mention names but some Jackass from Dime City Cycles tried to reserve 3 middle RV spots when the gates opened a couple years back..Nope.. didnt happen on my dime.. No pun intended.

418 likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the reservation of spots issue being a problem. I don't like "saving seats" or "spots in line" or any of that BS. I do my best to take care of my sh*t and to be on time for what ever only to find that one guy who arrives early with 100 ft of rope and who has roped off 10 spots for his buddies to arrive the next morning.
    If I ever transgress, call me out on it. I'll truly try to fix the issue. If you think you can f*ck with my sh*t in retaliation you might have a bigger problem than you figured on. Just say'in.

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

With that much room, my question is why was Stevens stuff in a position it needed moving in the first place. From that pic it looks like he was trying to quarter off a large area for a three rail trailer...

As far as Vandalizing Bobs stuff over it. I’ve got a feeling Bob wouldn’t need a 3’ screwdriver to handle it.... He’s a big ole boy.
    A damn good guy also.

We have all had Parking issues in the past, either people parking on top of us or having to squeeze in somewhere when shit happened and we got there late. We can all be decent about it and move on. No point making blowing up over it three days later.

19. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

So who was pitted between Melka and Steven? Just going off the one picture provided, you could park a semi truck between them?

Pixelator, Rising Sun and JJJerry like this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are or what kind of trailer you have, if you move someones shit that is parked and locked and clearly there to save their pit area you deserve to get punched in the mouth........... and kicked out for the weekend.