Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

By willingly getting on that airplane (eg. flying Air Ether-nopia), with the knowledge that whoever’s flying, was driving a school bus two years ago, you also earn a man card.

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Now that’s a man-card that we’ll deserved! :beer:

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Even the ones in service and then grounded can be flown on a ferry permit. No non-essential personnel.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So that brings up an interesting point....

A while back folks were saying that even when the problem issue happens, it can be corrected by pulling this that or the other fuse or doing XYZ to counteract the MCAS problem and keep the plane flying.

Is that STILL the school of thought, or is it possible that even a pilot who is aware of the issue and what it is, could still potentially lose control of the plane and have it crash on them (pre-software fix).

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Pilots are definitely capable of crashing perfectly good airplanes. Happens everyday.
    At the flying for a major airline level it’s not supposed to happen, but occasionally even they have Metalhead Moments.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, the MCAS problem had been encountered by US pilots as well. Like you described, they just turned it off. The foreign pilots were not as well trained and to reliant on the automated systems.

7. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So evidently a guy that pulls off putting a plane down on water is now an expert on all airframes and says the Max is absolutely unsafe and should never have been flown... :crackup:

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It’s only unsafe for inexperienced pilots.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm just floored people are taking Sully as an expert on all things flying.

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

He has credentials :rolleyes:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, a pilots license. Or did at least. :D

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I dont really have a dog in this hunt, but from what ive read about his career and experience he actual does have a pretty impressive list of aviation safety credentials. From the Air Force and civilian accident investigations.

Unless these things start following out of the sky on a regular basis, after they are fixed, I will be happy to fly on them.

stk0308 and BigBird like this.
  15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I wanted it not to be true but it looks like sully is typed in a 737 so he was at one time or is familiar with Boeing systems.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure he is but his statements are a bit out of whack especially if he hasn't actually flown that plane while it's happening. Then again, he doesn't get paid to be a talking head that says nothing is really wrong...

17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

You crash one airplane and now you're an expert on everything. :D

I've met Sully and he is as awful as many of you are guessing he is.

Tammie Shults should be everyone's aviation hero. She is the one who was flying that Southwest 737 last year when an engine had an uncontained failure. She has been the consummate professional.

ducnut, BigBird, Photo and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

It pains me to say it about any Academy grad but his ascension to aviation deity has been beyond amusing.

19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

He flew old generation 737’s. Whole different airplane..

20. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Heard an interview last week, he was working on the sim with the new fixes and found new problems during sim tests